Total Pageviews

Sunday, May 13, 2018

Mother's Day 2018

Happy Mother's Day! I hope everyone has had a wonderful, springtime weekend!

It's been a busy, but good one here in these parts. Last week was a whirlwind of craziness with lots of work, getting a new stove, getting the old stove out, dressing up, going out, getting my dad to California.... I could honestly go on and on and I feel completely worn out. In fact, all I wanted for Mother's Day today was a nap and I got exactly that after church. I just woke up from an hour and a half sleep and it was glorious. In fact, we were supposed to go to a cookout with friends this afternoon and I just couldn't do it. My laundry was spilling over, we had no food and I still haven't packed for next weekend's trip (oh, and I have to work some long days again this week), so I'm feeling overwhelmed. But I'm thankful for Dillon who let me nap instead and he went and got groceries and I woke up to him folding our laundry.

Friday night we had fun with Dillon's cousin Cory and his wife, Lindsay. They traveled in from Richmond to visit her family for the weekend, but they came over to our house for a little bit and we grilled out some good steaks and made a campfire. Lindsay fixed the most awesome basket of s'mores for us to enjoy and Luke told us "sppoookkyy stories" around the campfire. It was a sweet night of laughing and having fun.

Yesterday we traveled up to see Dillon's mom and grandma to wish them a happy Mother's Day. We only spent the day so it was another whirlwind of a day, but the weather was beautiful and we were so glad to see family for the day. Dillon's granny is back at her home from the nursing home and recuperating. She still doesn't feel 100%, but I think for being almost 93 years old, she's hanging tough. We spent some good time with all of Dillon's family and are looking forward to going back in a few weeks for Dillon's cousin's graduation.

Today we spent some time with my mama and went to church together. Our church had a wonderful service and honored not just the mom's in the sanctuary, but all the women who have helped in children's lives.  We enjoyed a lunch from Bojangles because neither of us wanted to cook. My dad is in California this week visiting with my great uncle and going to some baseball games so we've missed him a lot, but he should be home before we go to the beach next week.

My favorite part of today was at church when they asked the kids what their mom's do for them... I saw Luke's hand shoot up to answer and I worried what he was going to stay. "She yells at me to pick up my clothes." "She makes bad dinners." But instead he spoke quietly and said "She tucks me in at night..." And my heart shattered. Of all the ways I feel that I'm a terrible mother, his favorite thing is when I lay with him at night before he falls asleep and we talk. I teared up, but only for a moment because directly after he turned around, made silly faces at me and stuck his tongue out. Ah, boys.

I'm so, so thankful that I get these sweet babies in my life. What a blessing it is. And what a blessing it is to have such good women to model for me what a good mom is (such as my mom, mother-in-law and our grandmothers). Happy Mother's day to all!

My sweet mama-in-law








Luke and his buddy, Russ! 


No naps on these trips!



It was short lived, but this seems to be happening a lot lately. HA!






Love these guys! 








Stank eye




Peonies from our yard. The light pink ones will bloom in the next few days...


My handmade gifts... <3


Smoothie!



Fancy! 






I took some peonies to my mom!














Macaroni eye!






Tired. HA!

No comments:

Post a Comment