Total Pageviews

Sunday, December 21, 2014

Virginia Christmas

This past weekend, we spent some time in Virginia celebrating Christmas with Dillon's family. We had a great time with a cheeseburger slider competition among the Kestner children and  a Christmas party on Saturday evening, plus spending some good, quality time with family.

We got home Friday evening and Luke had a stocking full of goodies at Grandma and Grandpa Estep's house. He got some candy and little toys (a Matchbox car of course!) and enjoyed looking at the tree.

We spent Saturday morning at Dillon's mom's and Kenzie, Jon and Dillon had a competition of who could make the best slider burger. There was a little trash talk in the kitchen, but it was amicable for the most part. :) Kenzie won the competition with an All American burger, which I must admit, was pretty tasty. 

Saturday afternoon was Christmas with Dillon's dad, with Luke receiving lots of goodies! We enjoyed some good time over there relaxing and conversing. 

Saturday evening was the Christmas party and we got to see lots of Dillon's extended family. We did a fun ornament exchange and ate lots of good food! 

Dillon and I woke up early this morning and headed back to Asheville. Luke had received so many fun gifts, that we cleaned up our room downstairs and organized it so that he has a little play room. I did our grocery shopping for Christmas and we now have a fridge full of food. The good thing about buying all the food is the fact that I'm forced to clean out my fridge! 

I'm a little tired this evening so I apologize if my thoughts are a little discombobulated. And to top it off, Luke's poor daycare teachers are all fighting the flu bug in their households this week and they've had to close down until next week. We're scrambling to figure out schedules now, but as long as I can use sick days I'll be having a holly, jolly week with Luke. If not, Luke may be starting some admin work at my office. Maybe he can answer my phone calls. ;) 

Merry Christmas, all! I hope that Santa visits you all Wednesday night! 


Beautiful tree...




Sadie photo bombs the picture


Luke borrows Grandpa's hat...

And reads his car magazine

Present Time! 

The best present...




Kenzie is Santa

Helping dad open presents

Surprise! Pint glasses, Taylor! 

Saturday's lunch/competition


Papaw Eddie opens his gifts!



Thomas! 



He figured out the remote control quicker than we did...





Just a little sibling love






No comments:

Post a Comment