Total Pageviews

Tuesday, March 17, 2015

23 Months

Tomorrow Luke turns 23 months old! Dillon and I talked today about what a difference 23 months make. Luke now talks in sentences, runs and jumps, has preferences about what he likes (and immensely dislikes) and has quite the personality. 

His vocabulary grows every day and he knows the names of people and characters. (Maw for grandma, Na for Thomas, Names for James, Pewcy for Percy, Chawlie, Elmo, Mickey Mowse Lola, Emmee, Susu for Susan and I swear one day he started calling me Kay but promptly returned to mama). 

He likes anything with wheels; trains, cars, trucks, tractors, you name it.  The warm weather this week has prompted lots of outside play time. Whenever we walk into the house he immediately wants to go "outside!" I see a lot of hikes and playground time this summer as being shut up all winter has made us realize the benefits of a sunny day. 

Luke is at the age now where we are thinking of two progressions, potty training and losing the pacifier. I dread the pacifier weaning way more than the potty training and Luke is against both. At Christmas, he was so interested in our friend Dara's potty that I was certain he would be excited about one of his own, which couldn't be further from the truth. We went to the pediatrician's office a few weeks ago and were looking at a book about using the potty. Luke and I were talking and I said "You know Luke, you have a potty..." and he replied "yeah!" I asked if he wanted to try using it and he said "No!" I asked if he wanted to try and use the big potty and he said "No!" So I finally asked, "Well, are you just going to wear diapers the rest of your life?" and he exclaimed "Yeah!" 

I know boys are harder to potty train, so I'm not pushing the issue. It'll happen when it happens. 

I can't believe that we have a two year old little boy. He's so much fun now and I can't wait to do fun things outside this summer. Paddling on the river maybe?? And trips to Biltmore and a trip to ride on trains at Tweetsie and somewhere in there a week off for a trip to a cabin or fun things around the area? The taste of spring this week has given me the bug for summer and I can't wait. 

We love throwing sand all over the porch!

It's ok, though, since he's so cute. 



I got a sweet surprise from my sister-in-law, Kenzie, last week. These flowers have brightened my spirits a lot!


I love the flannel shirt (and the green shirt with a "catepilla", or Catepillar machine) 



We went to the playground with our friends the Sextons, on Sunday. Lydia and Luke had a fun time!



Bubbles in the face!









Watching the train go by!










No comments:

Post a Comment