Total Pageviews

Sunday, March 8, 2015

The Stomach Bug is NO JOKE.

Hello, Friends. Long time no see. Life has been rather dull, and then it wasn't. We've had a few weeks where the weather was up and down and a few days when we couldn't get off the hill (ask Dillon how much fun it was to scrape an inch of ice off of our driveway). And then, this week sickness hit the household. Luke had a cold that started as a cough and on Wednesday he was just not himself. I took him to the pediatrician and they said he just had a cold, it would run it's course. That was all fine and good until Friday night we woke up to a screaming Luke who had thrown up all over his bed. He's been sick all weekend and has been a pitiful site. 

Dillon had to take a 6 hour certification test yesterday in Blountville, TN, so Friday night I sent him back to bed and slept with Luke on the couch trying to make sure that we weren't washing sheets all night. Luke and I woke up at 4:30 to see Dillon off and then we fell asleep on the couch again until about 7:00. We spent most of the day watching Elmo and Thomas and whatever else we could find on Netflix. I tried to do some things around the house, but where Luke didn't feel well, he was rather clingy. So, I just accepted the fact that the couch was our home and entertainment for the day. Needless to say, we were both glad when Dillon got home that evening. The first thing I did was hand over Luke to Dillon and go take a nice, hot shower.

One good thing to happen this week is that my mom and dad have found a house close by and it looks like they may be moving before the year is over! They'll only be about 5 minutes from our house and will now have a home with no stairs and lots of fun things (like a swimming pool!!) I'm so very excited to have family close by and a back up for when Luke is sick or when there are snow days (Plus, I'll have a good shopping partner with my mom. When those new outlets open close by, they'd better watch out!) 

We enjoyed today by playing in a sandbox on the porch and grocery shopping. It feels like spring may have finally sprung and for that I'm glad. I'm hoping that tomorrow brings better health for little Luke. I'm also planning on sending Dillon and myself to work with Zofran just in case this bug decides to hit us while we're away from home. Ugh. 

Hiding!

Trying to get some sunshine

At Lowes buying sand. We made Luke a seat.

Helping me with his birthday party invitations

Our big snow storm for the year


We already took advantage of our passes to Biltmore and snuck away to take some pictures in the snow.




Luke remembered when we had been there before and wanted to go buy another toy tractor. This was his response to "no".





Flushed cheeks and a sandbox






No comments:

Post a Comment