Total Pageviews

Sunday, August 11, 2013

Enjoying Baby...

Luke is becoming quite the entertainer and is forming his own personality. I'm pretty sure he's starting to figure out that he can "play" his old mom and dad because he screams when we put him in the car seat and two seconds later he's smiling when he's all settled. 

I've realized this week that I'm really glad that the baby's here and that I'm not pregnant. It really wasn't all I thought it would be cracked up to be and while I would do it again in a heartbeat, I came to the conclusion that having my body back to myself is pretty nice for the following reasons:
1. Coffee: Oh glorious, coffee. I've had about 3 cups in the morning and then in the afternoon I'll run and get an iced coffee. I also drink a sweet tea with my lunch and I never realized how much I would miss my caffeine when I was pregnant. I am on caffeine overload these days and IT IS AMAZING! 
2. Bleu Cheese (and soft cheeses)...: Twice this week I had a salad that may have slightly resembled a bowl of bleu cheese with some sprigs of lettuce. When you're pregnant, all soft cheeses are supposed to be taboo. They hold bacteria that could potentially be harmful to the baby and while some folks eat it all the time and have perfectly healthy babies, I was too scared to eat it while I was pregnant. And it is so delicious now... mmmm.
3. Sushi - Dillon and I probably got sushi once every other month before I was pregnant, but since having the baby, I've eaten it at least once every other week. And maybe it was just going without it for 10 months, but it tastes so good now. 
4. Pumpkin/Fall Beers - my favorite time of year is fall. Changing leaves, cooler temperatures, mums growing in the garden. That's one reason we got married in October because of the natural beauty. I also love a good pumpkin beer with spices that make it taste like pumpkin pie. Last year right when I was finding out I was pregnant was when the first fall beers were coming out and I missed all the fun tastings. Friday we found the first sampler of the season and I got to enjoy my pumpkin beer. 

I just realized that my list revolves around food (what does that say about me?!). While it's nice to be back to my old self (with a cute, little baby in tow), I will say I miss having little Luke with me all the time and feeling his punches and kicks in my tummy. I may have complained about missing out on my favorite foods, but it was all temporary and if I had to I would give up that stuff permanently for Luke! 

We've had a great weekend hanging out with our friends and can't wait until next weekend for Luke's baptism! Another crazy week coming up with grocery shopping, cleaning house and cooking for Sunday, but we're so excited! We can't wait for Lucas to be dedicated and to join our new church family! 

How I spend my evenings... Luke on the bed while I finish work...

we have been exhausted. One evening we all three fell asleep after dinner.

eating out this weekend!

Relaxing on Sunday morning





Dara reminisces about when she used to sit in that chair!



Luke's new (to him!) toy... thanks BFF Dara!









And probably the cutest thing you'll see all week... seriously.


No comments:

Post a Comment