Total Pageviews

Sunday, August 18, 2013

Luke at Four Months



Today Luke is four months old. It's hard to believe and time is flying by. This month, Luke's made some new developments and is even starting to look more like a little boy instead of a baby. He's started "talking" in the mornings and usually babbles the whole time I get dressed. He's grabbing onto toys now and bringing them to his mouth and he LOVES his exesaucer and playing with all the rattles on there. He weighed 14.8 pounds at his doctor's visit this week and has gained almost 2 whole pounds in a month. Luke's wearing 6 month clothes and started eating cereal this week. Every morning when I pick him up out of his bed, I think he's gained weight and he feels heavier. He hasn't started rolling over yet, but is well on his way and I'd say by his 5 month post he'll be rolling around everywhere. I love watching him develop and take in the world. It's amazing. 

And today, on Luke's 4 month "birthday", he was christened.  Growing up, going to church was commonplace. You knew that every Sunday morning you would be heading to church to listen to a sermon that you may or may not listen to. Since living in Asheville, Dillon and I have struggled to find a church that we like and agree with enough to belong to. Plus, I know it sounds terrible, but it's really hard to get up and going when Dillon's worked all day on Saturday and Sunday is the only day of the week that you have off. 

After having the baby, I feel that our faith was renewed or refreshed in a way. To know that two cells form into this little human being with a heart beat and fingers and toes and those incredible eyelashes that Luke has, it makes you feel closer to God and understanding your purpose. I am so excited that we have found a church with lovely and friendly people who make you feel welcomed. They're not overbearing in any way and are truly glad to see you there. I feel comfortable with the services (growing up in a Methodist church, it feels kind of like going home while I think Dillon's still getting used to some of the things). It's a place that I'm glad Luke will grow up going to church. Hopefully, soon, the church will be getting lots of great things together for children in the community. We're looking forward to helping and participating with events there. 

It's been a great but exhausting weekend. We cooked and cleaned all day yesterday, had a house showing, visited with some folks from the church and I cooked well into the evening last night. I woke up at 4:30 this morning with thoughts on my mind of everything that I needed to accomplish and now we're gearing up for another week of work. I'm looking forward to our beach vacation in September and I don't think it can get here soon enough! 

Luke's first attempt at eating cereal. We're trying it out because the pediatrician thinks he may have a little bit of reflux and this could possibly help.

Trying out the new GAP hoodie from Grandpa Larry

Sock monkay! 

Trying out the high chair. I love how he puts his foot on the tray. 

Heyo, I'm 4 months! 

First time in the high chair! 




Guests start arriving! 





Wearing a bib so he didn't throw up on his christening outfit



My 2 boys! 

After the christening

Us with Pastor Rick Schilling, the new minister at our church



Us with Pastor Rick and his wife Suzanne

foood stuffs

Uncle Josh thinks I'm one cool baby.


Hello, ladies.

And our video of the week. Luke tells you about his happenings.



No comments:

Post a Comment