Total Pageviews

Sunday, August 25, 2013

First Hike

Yesterday we took Luke on his first hike! He had so much fun looking at trees and plants and laying in the sunshine. Dillon and I tried to pick blueberries. Once again I underestimated what it would be like to do that with a baby. I was wearing Luke so it made it harder for me to bend down to pick the berries. We ended up sitting in the grass playing while Dillon headed back in the berry patch to get enough so I can make a pie. There were SOOOO many people at the head of the trail, so it was a little stressful trying to find parking and get going. But once we were on the trail, the views were absolutely amazing. It was a cool 67 degrees and the breeze and the sunshine were great. On the way back we saw a baby bear cub so the mama cub was probably somewhere close by. We didn't get out of the car to find out! 

We're still getting the hang of our new schedule. This week felt a little bit more than stressful. Work is picking up for me and I'm trying to find the balance between work and home. We're really excited for next weekend which is Labor Day, just to have 3 days off! No exciting plans or trips, just hanging out at the house. 

Luke has his 4 month check up on Thursday so next week we'll have all of his exciting stats! I really think that he's gained weight since yesterday. I know for sure that I'll be gaining some new muscles as he gets bigger! 









The butterflies were everywhere! 


Blueberries... YUM!




Diaper change at 4,000 ft above sea level!!





Feeling new textures... grass!





It's rained so much this summer, we weren't quite sure what to make of that glowing ball in the sky!



These folks were trying to make it out to the end of the trail. Their Jeep almost went rolling down the mountainside. I about had a heart attack from watching it.









This morning... after a good night's rest!


No comments:

Post a Comment