Total Pageviews

Sunday, August 4, 2013

Virginia Weekend

We took a semi-spontaneous trip to Virginia this weekend. I only say that because we were planning on going next week to celebrate my mom and Dillon's grandma's birthday. We learned earlier this week that his granny's party was going to be this weekend so we decided to head up that way sooner rather than later and ended up having an awesome weekend with family.

We also had an open house this weekend to show to potential buyers. All last week I kept saying that I would clean house throughout the week after work and every evening I came home and did NOT clean. Finally, I had procrastinated so much that we decided to go to Virginia on Saturday morning to give us one extra night to clean. I ended up staying awake until 11:30 cleaning bathrooms and still didn't finish. I woke up at 5:30 Saturday and cleaned floors and then we left on our travels. We had a few people come to the open house and I think that they may have some interest. I would say that's successful.

It was a good time this weekend seeing everyone. We did have to pack up everything for the baby which was a little difficult. We took bouncy seats and bumbos, bathtubs and toys, clothes and a huge box of diapers. Long gone are the days of traveling with just a bag of clothes for ourselves. It was pretty intense. 

Luke is a great traveler! He mostly sleeps but if he wakes up hungry, I just pop in the backseat and feed him a bottle while Dillon drives. He has been a little fussy this weekend so I'm not sure if he's hitting a growth spurt or it's teething or if it was just that we were way off our schedule. As you'll see in the pictures, though, he's growing into quite the cute little boy. He's started "talking" a lot. In the mornings, I lay him on the bed while I get ready and he just talks and talks and talks. I also saw him roll over once last week. He was practicing being on his tummy and turned over once but I couldn't get him to do it any more than that.  He was loved on so much this weekend, my parents, Dillon's parents and all of his extended family. He really loved hanging out with everyone! 

This week coming up hopefully will be a little slower. AND some good news! Dillon's been offered a new job as an environmental engineering technician! It's with the same company but he'll be transitioning into his new role over the next few months! This sets him up to get his Environmental Studies degree from UNCA and gives us the opportunity to stay in Asheville. It looks as though God's plan is coming together for us and what we have prayed for a long time. We wanted to move to Raleigh last year for Dillon to go back to school and while that was our plan, we soon realized that God's plan included a little baby, a new job for me, a new job for Dillon and the opportunity for us to be able to stay here and Dillon to return to school. What a true lesson in patience and trusting in God. We are truly blessed. 








First Dip Dog trip with Grammie and Uncle Jon

Maybe a little too early for a Dip Dog










Trying to get Luke to turn over!



I feel like he's crying in all of his pictures from this weekend.




Happy Birthday to our Mom, Grandma, Great-Grandma and Great-Great-Grandma!



Walking to the creek! 
Snakes & Turtles & Frogs, oh my!





Sitting on the new porch




No comments:

Post a Comment