Total Pageviews

Tuesday, September 23, 2014

17 Months

Luke turned 17 months old last Thursday! It seems like this month has brought lots of changes for him as he's made lots of new developments. He also had a little bit of a rough week with some teething which made him lose lots of sleep and be really grumpy (which in turn makes mom and dad lose sleep and be really grumpy). 

After he passed his growth spurt of sorts, he's returned back to being his sweet, funny self. He's become quite the little helper and helped me put up clean clothes on Sunday and has been helping with feeding the dogs in the morning. I taught him how to hang a shirt on a hanger yesterday and you would have thought that was the best thing ever! 

He had his first dentist visit this month where they determined he is right on schedule and the pacifier can stay at least until he's three (we hope to be done with it by his second birthday!) He got all kinds of goodies at the dentist like a balloon and a tee shirt. They even have a room with iPads attached to the walls so kids could play games while they waited.   
A little extreme in my opinion, but anywho. His teeth are in tip top shape!

His vocabulary is growing rapidly and in addition to doggie he now says "I love you" and "uh oh" whenever he drops anything. He's learned how to give wet, sloppy kisses and when Dillon gives me a hug, Luke comes running and grabs a hold of my leg and squeezes tight.  Uncle Taylor taught him how to toast his sippy cup, so now whenever we all have a drink he holds up his cup and says "Cheers!" 

Gladly, he's started expanding what he eats and will now eat fruits and some veggies. For awhile there, he would only eat potatoes and pasta and I snuck in vegetables in pasta sauce. He's now eating bananas, pears and apples. When we get home in the evening after work, we'll share an apple and go back and forth sharing bites. The other day, I gave him a pear and he liked it so much, he refused to share with me! 

He's now wearing 24 month or 2T clothes. While they're still a little long, I have no doubt they'll fit soon. We stood Luke on the bathroom scale this week and he's almost 25 pounds! It makes it interesting for me to carry him places now and he usually walks around instead of being carried. 

It's hard to believe that next month he'll be a year and a half and in six more months we'll be looking at him turning 2. We do have a costume picked out for Luke for Halloween and thankfully, my mom is helping make it. While I do have the sewing machine, I'm lacking on time and knowledge of how to use it. I'm thankful that she's willing to help me out and make Luke look super cute next month! Fall starts the madness until after the New Year, and I have to say, I'm looking forward to the craziness! 

Halloween Jammies!

Brushing his teeth

   
At his first dentist appointment with Dr. Bill... :)

No comments:

Post a Comment