Total Pageviews

Friday, October 17, 2014

18 Months (and Fall Photos!)

So I'm a little unsure of what to title this post. I'm fairly certain that I'll have another post by the end of the weekend, but it is a very full weekend so I can't fit it all into one document. Luke turns 1.5 years old tomorrow, we celebrate our 6th wedding anniversary as well, plus we are pumpkin picking and my parents are coming to visit Sunday. I've decided to talk about Luke at 18 months tonight and then tomorrow or Sunday all the other fun things! 

Luke is 18 months. What the heck? He's such a little boy now! He's much more steady on his feet and is starting to climb on everything. His moments of temper tantrums quickly dissolve into sweet hugs and kisses. His vocabulary is growing and today when I dropped him off at daycare he yelled out "I LOVE YOU!" (even though it was a little garbled). He doesn't like to be told "no" and is fairly stubborn. He loves playing outside and gathering acorns from the trees shedding their extra layers. I think that he's grown out of his sleeping less faze so Dillon and I are much more well rested these days. We're teaching him how to walk down stairs so that we don't have another tumbling episode and when he gets to the bottom of the stairs he does a little celebratory dance.

We made it through his virus for the past two weeks and I think on my last post I mentioned that Urgent Care said he had Scarlet Fever. The next day, Luke threw up three times and we went back to see the pediatrician. They ran a strep test and it was negative so it was only a virus that we had to wait out. Luckily, Dillon and I didn't catch the vomiting ick so I'm glad about that (because I did manage to "catch" the puke on the way to the toilet. I will never, EVER get used to throw up. ugh.) He's on the mend now though and we're looking forward to pumpkin picking tomorrow and maybe a trip into Lake Lure for anniversary shenanigans! 

Here's to cold and flu season and hoping we fare better this year than last! 

A few weeks ago... Luke put his hat on himself this way. You'll notice the nasty sunburn he had which has cleared up, thank goodness!



We had a mini-sleepover last night with a friend from daycare! They had fun playing with the car and climbing in and out!

Cuddly moment...

The view from the top of our hill (I was trying to get the dogs to stop barking at our nice and patient neighbors!)



Luke enjoying the outdoors!




Hey Emma... look over there!

No comments:

Post a Comment