Total Pageviews

Thursday, November 20, 2014

19 Months

Woops, it's been awhile since my last post. I know that Dillon is constantly checking this, so here ya go, Dill! 

Luke turned 19 months old on Tuesday. It's been quite the month for developments for him and it's interesting to watch him grow and learn. He's become very verbal in the last month and can now thank us for something and can tell us what he does and doesn't like. I think the cutest thing he imitated was one day we were running into daycare and I looked at him and said "We have to hurry because it's so cold!" and he looked up at me and exclaimed "It's cold!" 

He loves music, any type of music. My favorite part of the day is on our way to and from school when we listen to music and I'll look in the rear view mirror and he's dancing. 

He's also starting to listen to direction and understand us better. The other morning, I told him that we needed to change his diaper and to please run and get a diaper for me. I was in shock as he walked to the diapers and brought one back to me. Does this mean we may be able to introduce a potty to him sometime soon? Maybe when he turns 2... He was also being incredibly fussy and difficult to handle yesterday and I asked if his teeth hurt (he's getting in those big, ugly molars right now.) He shook his head "Yes" and I gave him some medicine which brought the fussy down a whole level. I think I'll like him being able to explain what's going on with him, it makes things a lot easier! 

He loves playing outside, although the past few days it's been too cold. He likes stomping in the leaves and tossing gravels through the fence. Luke's favorite thing is when Emma runs crazy fast past him and tries to get him to play. 

He likes to rough house with his dad in the evening and then run to me for cuddles on the couch when he's ready for bed. He gives hugs and kisses every day and can be the sweetest little boy around. 

We're getting ready for the holiday festivities that begin next week. I've already bought my shatterproof ornaments for the tree and I've also got some little ornaments to make with Luke that go on clothespins. I'm hoping that with the inevitable interest of the tree, we can protect the older ornaments with the "kid-proof" ones. I've already been in communication with Santa and he's prepared to bring Luke's gifts on Christmas Eve. Mommy and daddy are chipping in on some gifts for Luke, too, and I've got to get to wrapping. Our spare bedroom is crowded with gifts and paper at the moment, a sign that we have been very blessed this year. 

So here's to some turkey and dressing next week. And, please don't fret, Dillon... with the holidays coming up, I'm sure that I'll have plenty of posts and pictures for you to read! :) XOXO










No comments:

Post a Comment