Total Pageviews

Sunday, February 8, 2015

Spring Fever

This weather has made me crave spring and summer days. This weekend has been filled with sunshine and warm weather, which we have tried to take advantage of as much as we can. It has been a weekend of catching up on chores and playing outside.

Dillon detailed my car this weekend and I can finally say that I'm not embarrassed to have anyone ride with me anymore. I even washed Luke's car seat cover and cleaned out all the leftover snacks from underneath it. It feels like a brand new car! I've also done about 5 or 6 loads of laundry and put them away. I cleaned the bathrooms for the first time in several weeks and I even cleaned the floors! A clean house and car feels really good. 

This afternoon, we ventured past our backyard to see what lies in the woods behind our house. We had seen people hiking up the hill in the past few weeks and Dillon figured that there has to be a trail back there... and, there is! We found a trail that winds down the hill and leads to a little road that had been made many years ago. It's grown over so it's like a nice flat trail now. We even found a place that we could take tents and sleeping bags down to and maybe camp overnight this summer. Have I mentioned how much I love where we live? It's really nice to have this literally in our own backyard. We don't have to travel to Bent Creek or up the Parkway, we can just walk outside and hike in the woods. 

It was even warm enough this evening that we grilled out. We ate inside, but had a fun time listening to music and cooking food outdoors. The sunset was brilliant and we enjoyed the panoramic mountain views from our back porch. I'm already anticipating our next warm weekend... 

Full moon rising over Candler... 

Starry night



Gettin' that energy out


Dillon making feather sticks 

My boys with walking sticks


Even though it's early... some pretty signs of Spring



Luke not cooperating



My handsome husband

Did I mention how much I love it here?

Chicken for the grill! 




But really... love it.



No comments:

Post a Comment