Total Pageviews

Monday, July 13, 2015

Rough Days

It doesn't really make me feel great when people tell me, "You know the three year old phase is much worse than the terrible twos." And, does it mean when the child turns four that they'll listen and not throw a tantrum over small things?

This weekend was a rough one. We're not quite sure why Luke had massive meltdowns at every turn of the corner, but he did. Dillon was out of town Friday night and into Saturday and who knows, maybe Luke's got some molars coming in (Dear Lord, please let the teeth come in. I don't think I can handle much more teething). But the kid just wasn't having it this weekend.

If his train tracks didn't go together the way he wanted, massive meltdown. Look at him the wrong way, meltdown. Try to discipline him, bite mommy and then meltdown.I thought I would pull my hair out. Even yesterday when Dillon was back, we had to run errands and he wouldn't listen in the store so we took away his treat and left which ensued in a 45 minute fit in the backseat of our car. Ah, parenthood.

But for unknown reasons, yesterday afternoon he came through the other side and was a cheery toddler. Who knows the logistics of a two year old and why they think like they do, but if anyone ever figures it out, will you share the secret with me?


A visitor at our house this weekend.

A quiet moment where there wasn't too much fussing.











No comments:

Post a Comment