Total Pageviews

Tuesday, May 3, 2016

Potty Training Successes!

You guys, you guys! We're making progress with potty training! I know to most people this is a mundane topic, maybe even a little gross, but when you've been "introducing" the potty for almost a year with no interest and, dare I say, a strong resistance even, when it finally starts clicking it is oh so good!

Luke saw some Pull Ups in the store the other day (and some conveniently placed advertising on Disney Junior) that have Lightning McQueen on them. He wanted me to buy them so bad, but I told him that only big boys get to wear those and if I bought them he had to use the potty. Finally, about the 5th time that we saw them on tv, he promised me that he would go potty if I bought them. Off we trekked to Ingles and I bought a small bag of them. When we got home he reverted back to not wanting to wear them, so I put them aside and waited.

My mom and dad wanted to watch him last Friday and my mom suggested that maybe I bring the Pull Ups over with his potty and she would work with him that day. She got him to sit on the potty but no success, but at least there were no tears that day and he was trying.

The next morning, we woke up and Dillon told Luke he could try to pee off the porch. Luke ripped his diaper off and tripped over his pants and ran out the front door. It took a few minutes, but great success! From then on, he's been telling us when he has to go and while he's not quite using our bathroom yet (he's still running outside each time), he's using the one at daycare and they only used one Pull Up on his yesterday.

I'm not sure what clicked with him, but it was something. Maybe it's wanting to be a "big boy" or just that we've drilled it into his head so much, but we're getting there! We're so proud of him and his progress and how "grown up" he's becoming. Fingers crossed we keep going!

In other news, May is quickly filling up with events and appointments. I emailed Dillon the other day with 10 dates that we'll have to alternate dropping off or picking up Luke or when I'll be working late (or early). It never fails that May is one of my busiest months so I'm glad to top it off with a small vacation at the end of the month to celebrate Dillon's 30th birthday! I love summer and am so glad to have it here.

This was Luke's final birthday present that we gave him on his actual birthday. It was completely underwhelming and he wasn't excited about it at all. Ha! Maybe in a few months/years.

Pre-haircut for Luke & Lola


Pointing at his new fave snack, hummus.


Caterpillar ride! 


Cheesin'


Luke wanted his picture with the baseball players and kept yelling at them to throw him a ball!






I woke up one morning to Lola sleeping like this. HA!


No comments:

Post a Comment