Total Pageviews

Saturday, November 18, 2017

Christmas Parade!

We've kicked off our holiday season today by attending the Asheville City Holiday Parade! Dillon's lived here for almost 15 years and I've been here 10 years and I've only been once when I worked at Grove Park Inn and walked in the parade. 

It was actually a lot of fun! It's still a lot of work going downtown with two little ones, but I planned ahead and we went super early (which made Dillon laugh at me), but we got good parking and good spots on the street. Lucas said he loved it and never wanted to leave. Ha! I was ready to go around 12:00 but Luke wanted to stick around to see Santa Claus. So we did. We followed up the parade with picking up groceries and a hectic lunch at Chick Fil A (I think everyone thought that would be a good spot to go after the parade!) 

We're all finally coming out of our illnesses from last week. I still have a cough at night, but am at least feeling somewhat back to normal. We're all ready for Thanksgiving this week. I was going to work Monday through Wednesday this week and then someone at work reminded me that I might have some paid time off accumulated. I checked and I had enough to take off the first three days of the week so I'm not working at all next week! Woohoo! I'm super excited to have a whole week off with the kiddos and to get some time to get ready to travel. I also told Luke that if the weather is nice that maybe we'll go to the Nature Center one day this week. That'll at least get some energy out of him! 

This kicks off all of our holiday celebrations. Next week is Thanksgiving and after that is getting our tree. Then there's visits with Santa, baking, Christmas gifts and birthday parties. Even my work is fun this time of year because I get to deliver holiday gifts to physician's offices. I'm looking forward to it all, even through the craziness! 



Parade ready!



Trying to find a coffee. They were cash only :( 






We finally found a coffee (and hot chocolate for Luke) and a bathroom at City Bakery!


My little monster




She loved the music and the dancing!


Yay Enka! That's the school in our neighborhood!



Kids KISS band. HA!



It's not a parade without a pig.

Luke's friend from preschool was in the parade. Hey, Addie!








Family portrait! 

And the main man, himself! Santa!

Until next year!

No comments:

Post a Comment