Total Pageviews

Sunday, March 10, 2019

March 2019

Wow, I really hope this isn't a pattern for me in 2019. I seem to only be updating this thing once a month. Although I guess there really isn't much to update on. I'm sure when the weather turns warm and we start doing more stuff, I'll have more to say.

Since our last post we've had 3 tummy bugs, lice, a fever that I thought was flu (but wasn't) and just more numerous things to make life more difficult. HA! It was never promised to be easy so I'm trying to just make it through. Today was also the time change so that brings along a ton more issues. It's 5:30 and no one wants supper and is still wanting to play for another hour or so.

In the time since I've written last, Charlie has given up her pacifier. Once again, this was much easier with her than it was with Luke. She had chewed on several of them so we threw them away and then we got down to the last paci. She lost it somewhere and I didn't try to hard to find it and just told her it was gone and she was like "oh, ok." and that was that. And she LOVED that paci, so I'm really relieved to be done with that and not have a huge struggle. It does mean that she has a harder time getting to sleep so we've pushed her bedtime back. She was going to bed at 6:00 which is SUPER early, but now we're starting our routine at 6:45 and trying to get to bed by 7:00. Which is still a decent hour.  We did find lice in her hair, again, yesterday. So that's been fun. 10 million loads of laundry later and some treatments in her hair and I hope that's been fixed.

Luke has been doing well in school... We go on Tuesday for his parent teacher conference. He's doing so well with his reading and words. It's amazing how far he's come since the beginning of the year. He woke up on Friday with a fever and was very lethargic. I felt certain that he had the flu, but one trip to the peds office and a flu test later it was negative. With some motrin and rest, he was pretty much back to normal by that afternoon. He's a smart little fella and I'm glad he's getting back to normal.

Next week starts soccer for him. They had some of the coaches come by his school and he announced he wanted to play. We've bought him some shin guards, and found some cleats. Next week when we go to our first game he gets his uniform so we're all excited about that.

Today's weather has just been magnificent. I'm ready for spring and am done with winter completely.  Currently, the kids are playing outside with Hannah and they're running with the dogs and just yelling in complete happiness. Let's get on with this and start the spring/summer.

Swingin' at church!



Post lice treatment yesterday

Luke picked some dandelions for me today!

They had literacy week at school and some of the older kids read to the kindergartners. 







Luke dressed up like  Harry Potter!



















No comments:

Post a Comment