Total Pageviews

Saturday, February 8, 2014

2014 is a No Good Rotten Year... So Far

I haven't posted in what seems like forever. Right now, I'm getting to write only because the boys are napping. I probably should be cleaning the kitchen or washing laundry, or catching up on emails for work, but since I have 5 minutes I'll write a quick post. There won't be a whole lot of photos, though, I'm sorry to say. Mainly because our photos would be of us all laid up in bed, sick.

The last time I wrote, I was FINALLY getting over RSV and the nastiness it imposed on our household. The baby was finally better and it took me about another week to get back to myself. Around the time I was feeling better, Dillon started feeling bad again. To make a long story super short, Dillon got a bad infection which turned into a raging abscess and several trips to the doctor and one scary trip to the ER. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that we've been through the worst and things are on the upswing, but Monday we head back to the surgeons office to see if the huge amounts of antibiotics and rest have paid off. If they haven't, Dillon will be having another surgery next week. To say that 2014 has not been kind to our family is a massive understatement.

We are all super tired, but surprisingly still in good spirits. I daydream a lot about spring coming and Luke's first birthday, our trip to Richmond in June, and trips to the park and zoo in the summer. This cold and nasty winter weather doesn't help much. We had a taste of warmer weather last week and it felt nice to crack the windows open for some fresh air.

I'd like to ask for continued prayers for Dillon. The surgeon said last week we had a 50/50 shot of the antibiotics working with no further surgeries. While it's hard, I'm trying be an optimist and look at the glass half full and not empty. Whatever the outcome, I know that it is in God's hands and that springtime and healthier times are on the horizon.
Grandpa sent Dillon a subscription of Automobile magazine for Christmas. We're starting Luke off right learning about cars.

I think this may be when I was getting over being sick. Sweet boy...

Since Dillon can't play too much, we bring Luke to him. He likes to nap with him.

Lots of napping

Which results in crazy hair! Speaking of... Luke's hair is so out of control. He's growing a nice mullet now, so I think it may be time to look into getting a first haircut.

No comments:

Post a Comment