Total Pageviews

Sunday, April 6, 2014

What a Difference a Week Makes

I'll start by saying there won't be many photos on this post, disappointing I know. When our house was broken into, they of course took our camera. The camera that we spent about 6 months paying off because it was so expensive. The good news is, I think they've caught the folks who broke into our house and tomorrow morning we'll head down to the police department to see if we can get any of it back. Except the makeup they stole, they can just keep that. 

I guess the good that has come out of the whole experience of having our home broken into is that we now have an offer for it to be sold! I know last June I told everyone about our journey to put the house on the market. At first, we had lots of showings and even had one offer that fell through. We went on for several more months and the showings dwindled and people who had appointments to look at the house ended up driving on by because of the neighborhood.  We ended up removing our listing for a few months and while we were waiting for the police to come to our house to investigate the robbery, our realtor texted me and said that now might be a good time to think about putting the house back on the market. At that point, I was done and ready to get the heck out of here so I responded that we were ready and we had the house for sale within less than a week. And within another week, we have it under contract! We'll hopefully be closing around the 1st of June and are getting ready to start our sprint to find our new home. We've decided to move outside of the city, someplace a little quieter with better schools. 

In this week, I've also traveled to Florida for work, which incited even more anxieties on top of the whole house situation. The first anxiety was flying, which I hate. Despise even. And then I was leaving Luke for the first time since he was born (overnight that is). I survived the flight ok, but spent the next few days missing Dillon and Luke tremendously. I pretty much skipped my way onto the last flight home because I wanted to get home so bad, not worrying about flying anymore. My meetings were great and informative, I met a lot of people who I've talked to on the phone but never met face to face, but I didn't feel much like socializing because all I wanted to do was Skype with Luke. 

The past few weeks have flown by. I can't believe that we're to April now. In 12 days, Luke will turn one and we can't seem to slow down to enjoy the last 2 weeks with an infant. We have everything ready for his first party and can't wait to enjoy time with everyone. 


Luke's not been napping well for anyone... He fussed at daycare one day and then proceeded to fall asleep on the floor.

I did get an hour or so to enjoy the pool at the hotel

Daily photo texts from Dillon while I was gone.

The Atlanta skyline in the distance. Not sure why the airplane window was so dirty.

We had lunch at Olive Garden to celebrate my return!

Luke likes Sesame Street

... and noodles. Here he's reaching for my phone.

No comments:

Post a Comment