Total Pageviews

Sunday, September 20, 2015

September Days

Not much has been going on here in the Kestner household. I turned 30 on Wednesday and had a lovely day at Grove Park with a mani/pedi and also got to enjoy the facilities there. My treatments came with a glass of champagne that relaxed me right up and I got a rose in celebration of my birthday. I enjoyed a nice ($20, gah) salad for lunch poolside and spent the day napping and reading a book. It was lovely. After that, Dillon grilled up a mean ribeye steak for each of us and surprised me with a new crock pot! I've used that crock pot probably 5 times already, I love it!

Dillon and Luke have been working on Luke's Halloween costume. Luke decided that he wanted to be a fireman and so I've bought the hat and the coat and Dillon's building an awesome firetruck out of a diaper box. Luke has been an awesome helper and they've tried to work on it some in the evenings after work.

This weekend, Dillon's been sick with a bad sore throat and stopped up nose. Since he hasn't felt well, we've stayed around the house mainly and cleaned a little here and there. We haven't even gone out to eat this weekend which is REALLY unusual for us. HA. We did get to shop at the new Ingles right down the road from us. Super exciting, I know.

 Luke's really into Curious George right now and he likes to ask to watch "Monkey George". We read books every night about Curious George, Dinosaurs, and Pickles the Fire Cat.  He's really a lot of fun right now and his conversation skills are great. He likes to talk on the phone and he always asks "How you doin', mama?" Most nights I hear his little feet running into our room, but sometimes he sleeps through the night in his room. If we could just figure out how to get him to sleep in past 6:30 on the weekends, that would be great.

Me and Fireman Luke!


What Luke's doing right now...

Working on the Fire Truck!





Hanging out after my spa day... 30's not that bad, right?





My manicure! (Which is already chipped, haha)

Luke and his boots. He likes to talk about those boots ALL. THE. TIME. :)



And a picture of Luke before school one day. I loved his little outfit so much I had to get a picture.

No comments:

Post a Comment