Total Pageviews

Thursday, June 15, 2017

6 Months

Six months. 26 weeks. 182 days. I know I say it every month, but I can't believe Charlie's been with us this long. And now it's half a year! In another six months, she'll be a year old. It's going by in a flash and I'm just trying to hang on.

Our little girl is gaining quite the personality and I can already see differences in how she and Luke process things differently. While Luke was boisterous and outgoing, she tends to be more serious and shy. Charlotte doesn't care for strangers and is attached to my hip whenever we're together. She smiles and laughs only when she finds things truly funny and at other times she is adept at giving the stink eye. She prefers that I be the one to put her to sleep and will only fall asleep with Dillon if he walks aimlessly around the house for about an hour with her in tow. She's quite fidgety now and when Dillon feeds her he has to put her in his baby carrier because she won't sit still otherwise.

She's rolling over completely now, from back to tummy and then from tummy to back and prefers to sleep all night on her stomach which makes me a nervous wreck. She's still sleeping in our room so I'm right beside her if needed.

She's eating solids well although I was much better at feeding Luke solids by this age. I had him on a schedule of morning and night solids and with Charlie it's more or less she gets them when I have time. She really enjoyed mangoes this month and not so much the stage 2 carrots (while she liked the stage 1 kind).  Next week at the pediatrician, we'll see about introducing small amounts of water and a sippy cup. I also need her to sit in her high chair longer. Once again, she prefers to be held and I need to plop her down every  now and then.

I think her teeth are coming through (although like I said last month and probably the month before) it took Luke a long time and she doesn't seem to be doing better. She drools constantly and chews on everything! She's also been quite the little pill the last few days so I'm hoping her teeth have something to do with it.

She'll be taking her first beach trip this week and had her first overnight stay away from home last weekend. Fingers crossed that the first beach trip goes better for her (and for us!)

Charlie's likes at 6 months:

* Mangoes & Cucumbers: She ate almost a whole jar of pureed mangoes the other day and will go to town on a cucumber (supervised, of course).
* Her gray blankie: I know that they're not supposed to have blankets in the cribs with them, but she loves her soft gray blankie and cuddles up to it when sleeping. It is super thin, though, and the SIDS risks drop dramatically by 6 months.
* Emma and Lola: she loves reaching out for them and petting them (i.e. tugging on their fur).

Things she doesn't like:
Riding in the car. Oh. My. Goodness. This past weekend was miserable. She cried the whole way there. She cried anytime she had to get in her car seat. This trip was only two hours and the next is five. We're going to try and switch out the car seat in Dillon's truck with the one I use in my car and see if it helps. It also looks like I'll be sitting for 5 hours in between Luke and Charlie on the way there trying to keep the crying at bay. Fingers crossed!

Some of my favorite photos of her from the past 6 months: 












And some of the more recent photos including outtakes. PS when they get "mobile" picture taking is a whole new adventure :-|

















How I eat dinner some nights. And notice that our house is a wreck with me working and being gone and planning to be gone. Ugh.








No comments:

Post a Comment