Total Pageviews

Sunday, March 4, 2018

In Like a Lamb... But Will it Last?

We've made it to March! That finicky month that's not quite sure what to do yet. Should it be warm? Snowy? Should I take a coat? Or go without tights today? Ugh. I'm just glad we're on the upswing of things and we're closer to spring than we were a month ago.

I haven't posted in awhile because we've all been sick and cooped up in the house. It doesn't make for very entertaining posts or good pictures to include. I'm on the verge of being back to work full time, too, so my time is limited. For the moment, I still have Mondays off. When my paperwork makes it through the channels of our corporate office, I'll be back full time. Which is good. And bad. Man, those Mondays are heaven sent. Coffee in one hand, folding laundry with the other. I hang on by a thread through the whole week knowing that my house will be fresh and clean on Mondays and I'm not quite sure what we'll do about it when that day isn't there anymore and I'm out of the house and in an office. It legitmately took me two hours one Monday to just fold and put up all of our clothes. That doesn't include the wash time from the weekend before. Oh well. Back to being a mess? Or maybe I can convince Dillon to get some help, even if it is just once a month. The extra money will be nice though when I'm back to work. So I won't complain too much.

The warmer days do cause me to daydream a lot of summer time and trips and being outdoors. We've been cooped up too much in this house this winter. Luke made a little book this week all about himself and he said one of his favorite things to do was to go to the "brown beach" (which is the Atlantic Ocean. We've been the Gulf before and he prefers the Atlantic?) That was enough motiviation for me to look into a long weekend away. I looked at Folly Beach and when I couldn't find something there I looked at Hilton Head, but I wasn't willing to spend over $200 a night for a beach vacation. So I resorted to our old standby at St. Simons and found a pretty hotel with an even better pool. It's still not on the beach, but we at least know where we're going when we're down there, so in May we'll get a long weekend away.

Luke's birthday is coming up, too, quicker than I'd like. We've landed on Chuck E. Cheese for his big 5th birthday. That's so hard for me to believe. Anyways, we'll have a fun Saturday at the old standby for birthday parties. He and his friends at school have already been talking about it nonstop apparently. HA!

We're also gearing up for Easter, the kids' outfits have been purchased and we're planning out our Easter meal.

I always feel like there's this lull after Christmas and into early Spring. Not much happens and we're mostly just sick the whole time. The warm weather and taste of spring has me ready for the busy-ness that the rest of the year brings. I'm looking forward to it.

Charlotte and Kermit

bedtime snuggles!

We matched last week for church!

Charlie's face cracks me up in this one. 





Reality!



And to this week. Cleaning out toys.








She was sad because I was taking her cinammon roll away.






After lunch we played outside!














Mom shoveled dog poop.

and Peepaw shared his candy bars. HA!







No comments:

Post a Comment