Total Pageviews

Sunday, September 16, 2018

33!

Woohoo! I'm 33. I guess that's a woohoo? Anyways, most of my birthday has been spent indoors because of tropical depression Florence. It's rained all day and we've just enjoyed some nice quiet time at home (although it's not really quiet and relaxing with two kids who get restless and wants to go do something). Even though, it's been good. I haven't posted in awhile, just because we haven't really pulled out the camera to take any photos. This kindergarten/work/daycare thing has been a little bit of an adjustment for us. I finally feel like we might be getting into a routine, but those first few weeks I felt incredibly anxious that I would be late for, I don't know what, but something? I didn't want to make Luke late to school, and I didn't want him to have to wait for me at the bottom of the hill when he got off the bus, but I'm feeling better about things now.

Luke's been doing really well in school. He did have one "off" day where he got in so much that the teacher emailed me. Woops. But, I keep telling myself that we all have those days and there are some days that my coworkers probably want to text Dillon and be like "What the heck is wrong with your wife today?!" He had to go to bed early that night with no tv and the next day he was golden. He even got a SPORTS ticket? I don't even know what those do, but he was excited about it. HA!

Dillon has spoiled me this whole month for my birthday. I've gotten albums, and stuff for my Kitchen Aid mixer and then this morning he surprised me with some comfy clothes to wear. I love him for that. He never asks me why I don't wear heels much or skin tight dresses and he's always glad to see me in sweat pants. I've got a winner for sure!

Hm, so what's been going on with us? We cleaned out our basement and made a tv room which has been fun. I thought we might have to spend the weekend down there with the impending storm, but we've had absolutely no wind in our part of town so no worries there. And mainly we've just been working and going to school.  Next weekend we celebrate my dad's birthday with a quick trip to the lake and some hanging out during the weekend. We were going to go down Thursday night, but we forgot that Luke is in school! So we'll go down Friday and be back Sunday. It'll be a quick trip, but still fun! Then we're almost into October. I can't believe how fast this year has gone. Charlie will be two before we know it.

Here's to the fall! :)

Charlie had her school pics made! Isn't she sweet?! I don't know when Luke gets his done?? Hopefully soon!

I love this one! Ha!

Luke and I are going to Bible Study on Wednesday nights... It's past Charlie's bedtime so Dillon always sends me photo updates of how she's doing!!


I don't think I shared this photo but I found it on my phone. Dillon's been doing some work at the airport and he likes to send pictures to Luke of the airplanes and big construction vehicles. This one makes me smile. :) 


Oh, and I think Luke must be hitting a growth spurt? Honestly, I think he looks taller now than when he started school. He's tried all kinds of new foods this week, boiled eggs being one of them. And he's eating EVERYTHING when he does eat, which is unusual for him. Anyways, he's liked the eggs, beef stroganoff and Thai coconut chicken soup (say what?!)

Luke also learned how to swim?! He saw these at the dollar store here in town and we got them for him. Then one day before school started, my mom and dad took him to the pool and forgot his floaties. He amazingly knew how to swim without them. Soooo... It took ME awhile to get used to it, but next year he'll be a pro. He'll also probably be a foot taller so it won't matter because he'll be able to touch the bottom of the pool. :( 




Charlie doesn't like the pool as much. She'd much rather sit on a chair and eat snacks.



Our last pool day of the summer!!!

2 comments:

  1. Gosh...Luke is growing up!! Charlie is beautiful. Glad you are not being hit hard by Florence. Thankful that Charlie and I didn't have to go to Duke this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes! I think the Raleigh-Durham area got hit hard. Praying for you guys!! <3

    ReplyDelete