Total Pageviews

Sunday, September 30, 2018

Baking Weekend!

So, I'm taking a hiatus from Facebook. I fully intend that the readership of my blog will dip down to about 10 people (maybe even less) without the looky-loos who check it out when I post it to my page. But that's ok, maybe that'll allow me to write more freely about everything! I'm taking a break because I honestly just cannot stand reading every thought that people feel like posting (hmm, that's odd, because I write here, oh well). The politics of this world has had me very blue lately and I think it's been good for my mental health to just step back and not check in with FB every time I open my phone. It's definitely been an adjustment, but I feel better so there's that.

This weekend we stayed around the house for most of the time and just hung out. The leaves are just starting to change and it finally felt cooler this weekend. I'm not sure why fall hasn't arrived yet, but we had no typical September days this year with clear blue skies and cooler temperatures. I baked a delicious, yummy cake this weekend and we went to church this morning. Not much excitement, but we're looking forward to October (one of my favorite months!) We'll probably go pumpkin picking next weekend, then I have to work the following weekend and then we're off to Savannah! We're excited and have a nice dinner planned for our anniversary night and then we're taking a haunted pub crawl. Plus lunch at the Wilkes House, which is supposed to be REALLY good.

I'm also reading alllll kinds of self help books right now which seem to help me get into a better frame of mind. I read "Girl, Wash Your Face" and Rachel Hollis is doing a thing for the "Last 90 Days" where you live your life like you do the first 90 days of a new year. So, you drink more water, continue to eat healthy, find what you're thankful for and exercise more. I'm going to try it! Most of the goals call for you to exercise every day for at least 30 minutes, but since I'm not even exercising at ALL right now, I'm shooting for 4 days a week. HA! We'll see how it goes! I'm also giving up sweets (except for on our trip and Thanksgiving pie) which will be really, really hard for me. Fingers crossed!

Yay for October!




Oh man, alllll weekend. I think she's cutting teeth and the terrible twos are starting early. There's a lot of "NO" and "MINE" going on with her right now.












Luke took the next few photos! He's getting so good!






Hey there, cutie!

2 comments:

  1. Happy (early) Anniversary!! Enjoy yourself.
    This fallish weather so far has been quite warm. Hoping it stays like this through next weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ME TOO! I love the fall weather the best! Thanks, I'm looking forward to a weekend away!! :)

      Delete