Total Pageviews

Saturday, October 19, 2019

Ballet, 40 Under 40 & King Crimson

And... how this is all going now, I wrote this, forgot to add pictures and we're four weeks away from when it was originally written. So there are some extra pictures at the bottom from other dance classes and events that took place. HA!

Last week was a little bit of a whirlwind, but isn't that how it always goes? Everything always seems to happen at once.

On Monday, Charlie started her first dance class. She started talking a few weeks ago about going to dance and I was going to wait until January, after her third birthday. But she kept talking about going, and bringing it up and how she wanted to do it, sooooo I looked it up online and even though the classes had started for the fall, they were still accepting new students so I signed her up. I ordered her little leotard and tights from Amazon and then got her tap and ballet shoes at the dance studio. She does not like tap for some reason. I don't know if it's because the shoes are loud or just because she prefers the ballet slippers, but we'll see if she'll participate tonight. Last week, during tap, she sat with me on the bench the whole time and wouldn't dance until they did ballet. Her favorite thing to do was rolls on the mat and butterfly stretches. Charlie talks about this all week and can't wait to go.

On Thursday, I was honored at the 40 Under 40 dinner hosted by the Biltmore Beacon. I was noticed for my work with our oncology office and hosting the ZERO Prostate Cancer race. Honestly, compared to everyone else I thought that I was undeserving of that award, but it was an honor the same to be in a class with all of those folks from Asheville who are doing great things.

Friday, Dillon and I both took off to have a long weekend. We sent the kids off to school and had a day to ourselves to just run around and catch up on things around the house. Then on Saturday, Dillon's mom, step dad and brother came down to get ready for the concert on Sunday. We had dinner at home and hung around the house. Sunday, we took off down the mountain for the show in Atlanta! Luke had a blast and so did we. We didn't get back into town until late, late Sunday night and were all extremely exhausted the next morning.

It's been a busy and interesting time!

Our poor couch. It's got to last a few more years, but it's looking pretty sad.









Cake for my birthday!


My uncle is in town and took us all out to Ruth's Chris to celebrate my dad's birthday. It was delicious!

Ms. Kenzie braided Charlie's hair while we were out! 




This was from the 40 Under 40 Gala. My makeup was on point! HA!


Luke's first concert!






Luke went on a field trip to Skytop Orchard and came home with scratches all over him! The teacher called me and said he had run into a tree branch and then fell down a hill. Poor buddy! He's got my clumsy genes. 



King Crimson is very anti-cell phone usage at their shows. You have about a 1 minute opportunity at the end to take their picture. HA!


My dad's been reading to Luke's class every Tuesday morning and he took a special ice cream treat to them one day!

















No comments:

Post a Comment