Total Pageviews

Sunday, March 10, 2013

Extreme Nesting

It's kind of like "extreme couponing" except you're carrying around 30 extra pounds waddling around your kitchen.  These past few weeks, I've been extremely into cleaning my house and preparing for all things that are baby.

I've got his bag ready for the hospital and hopefully before the end of today, I'll have mine ready too (it doesn't matter that I still have some 45 + days, I've got to be READY!) I've done laundry all week, and when I say laundry I mean I've actually washed, dried, folded and put it away. A rare occurrence in our household.

 I got to thinking about what we would be eating AFTER the baby is here. I've been a pretty bad cook these past few months and I wanted to try and save money and not be eating McDonald's every night for the 3 months after the big day. I also don't want to have a baby on my hip trying to fix some dinner that could or could not be awful. A few months ago I found on Pinterest where these women go to the store, stock up on all of these groceries and spend their Sunday afternoon making freezer meals. I thought that could be really useful for me once the baby came. I didn't really know when I'd do it, just some out there time. 

I woke up this morning and decide today's the day.

Dillon and I head out to WalMart with a huge list. I discovered I didn't really like  a lot of the recipes on the sites I'd pinned and some of them were just for meat to cook in the crock pot and then you cook your side dishes. Seriously? I could just throw some frozen meat in the crock pot with mixed up sauce on the day of, I don't need to spend my whole Sunday preparing that. Instead, we had some go to casseroles and soups that I figured would be ok in the freezer. 

And this is what we came up with...

Hey there groceries... took us 30 minutes to check out.
Figuring out where to start


Now we're cookin...


Dillon making some ground turkey

The onions burrrrnnn!

All stocked up with a clean freezer to boot!

5 Casseroles, 15 breakfast burritos and at some point this week I'll be making some vegetable soup. I may end up making the soup tonight, but I'm just so tired. I didn't realize how hard it would be to stand up for 2 1/2 hours on my feet. I'm obviously the biggest whiner of a pregnant lady, but now I'm completely exhausted.

Dillon's also nesting, while in his own manly way. He's changing out curtains for me and getting ready to fix up the yard. He's got mulch and mowing on the brain and the random house fixer uppers. 

I'm 33 weeks pregnant which means I could have as many as 7 more weeks to go (possibly longer, but we don't think that way). My sleep is evading me and the ever present stuffy nose is completely annoying. The baby's kicks are more like punches now, but I still love feeling him move around. Spring is pretty much here as all the windows in my house are open which means baby Luke's arrival is just around the corner! 


2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank God that nesting instinct kicks in. If not my house would not have been cleaned or the baby's room and clothes be ready, especially by the third one. Wish I had thought of the make ahead dinners, that is a great idea. Knowing you are ready gives you such a sense of accomplishment and takes away some of the stress. I think about you, Dill and Luke often and I am so happy and excited for you all. Luke is going to have a wonderful mom, dad and extended family. Lots of love to you guys.Janet

    ReplyDelete