Total Pageviews

Sunday, March 24, 2013

Tired & Uncomfortable

I know. I've been seriously lacking in baby updates. It's not really that we haven't been doing anything to prepare, we've actually been doing lots, but I'm just tired and cranky and getting myself to sit down and write about things has been on my list right after sitting on the couch and taking a two hour nap. Plus, work has kept me really busy, which I like. It's a nice distraction from thinking about the fact that the baby could come in a week and be full term. It could literally happen at ANY TIME now. Yikes!

I don't really remember where I left off, but I do know that we have finally put the car seat in the back of my car, which is a big relief seeing as how they won't let us leave the hospital until it's installed. We think that it's installed correctly, although we may run down to our local fire department just to double check. We joked that we would put Lola in the car seat just to test it out.

Dillon has been working crazy over time so when he has a day off I try to grab him to do baby stuff. Last week was car seat time and this week was cleaning. My stomach has grown so much that I'm really unable to get around really well to clean (especially the bathrooms... or that's what I'll tell him!) He's a good man though, and doesn't seem to mind helping me out.

The baby seems to be really heavy right now. Before I got pregnant, I never realized that this kid would get heavy, like a bowling ball. It makes sleeping difficult and getting out of chairs, cars, etc... really hard to do. I feel like a turtle most days. The grumpy side comes out when I'm unable to get comfortable to sleep. Did you know that a side effect of being pregnant is having a stuffy nose? Neither did I, until it happened. And of course, you can't take decongestants or cold medicines to get rid of it. It makes the task of sleeping that much more difficult. Hips ache and you can't breath and then you sleep for 2 hours. Nature's way of preparing you for having a baby at the house!

I have decided on the day care we will use, finally. I've toured about 6 in the area and never really felt comfortable with any of them, until I found this one on Friday morning. The ladies seem super nice, small class sizes and it's in a church not far from our house. They also have a garden that the parents and staff put together and feed the children from the garden. Not to get TOO Asheville about it, but they also let you use cloth diapers and feed the kids no processed foods. It's all fresh/frozen with no additives. That's a big relief for me, to know that he'll be safe once I return to work.

Many thanks to Josh & Lauren (and Dara!) for bringing us baby things we were lacking in this afternoon. We now have a diaper warmer, swing, bouncy seat and pillows for Luke. All things that are helpful that first time mom's need!

This blog is sort of a ramble of what we've been up to. I feel a little spacey with lack of sleep and the surreal fact that we will have a baby within a month. I'm so ready for him to be here and can't wait to be uploading pictures of him! For  now though, I will grace you with pictures of Dillon putting our car seat in last weekend...







No comments:

Post a Comment