Total Pageviews

Sunday, September 15, 2013

Long Time No See!

Whew, I don't think I've been this long without writing a little note to keep up with our family. Things have been a little hectic, we've been a little tired and I just haven't had all that much to write about. It's pretty much the same thing day in, day out. We wake up, rush out the door, work all day, get the baby, eat dinner, wash bottles and crash in bed. It's all good though, not complaining, because routine can be nice. 

Luke is doing awesome. He's eating solids now and loves bananas & squash, and is still not crazy about peas or anything green which I hope he will grow out of. I've got him in 6-9 month clothes now which blows my mind because he'll only be 5 months old next Wednesday. He's becoming so much fun right now. Everything he sees is new to him and he is amazed by it all. Kenzie sent me flowers and chocolates with a balloon for my birthday and he LOVES the balloon. He loves the ribbon, the bouncing of the balloon, the shiny material. Things that we seem to just look over in the hustle-bustle of every day life. It's amazing to see the world through his eyes right now. 

Next week we're traveling to the beach. We're so excited to see Luke at the beach for the first time! He'll feel sand and step his toes in the water. As for us, we'll get 2 days off from work, eat some good seafood and hopefully get a date night in just for the two of us. It does mean that I have to get my work done in 4 days instead of 5, I'll have lots of laundry to do before we go, and we practically have to pack up our whole house to leave, but I really don't care at this point! I'm just excited to stick my toes in the sand for a little bit. I'm thinking I may try to update the blog each day we're at the beach (I know that we'll have lots of pictures) so I may inundate with writing next week, we'll have to see, but just keep your eyes posted for a 5 month update about Luke and some cute beach pictures! 


At Relay for Life last week... notice the drool on Dillon's shirt. We don't leave the house without some spit on us.

Luke's got his coffee!

It's hard work being out and about all day.

Luke with one of the physicians I work with, Dr. Thertulien. 


Holding his bottle...

and he makes it into his mouth! Luke now knows what his bottle is and if he even sees you making one he starts fussing for it.

So this is Luke at 1 Month...

And Luke at almost 5 months... Dillon noticed he was
wearing the same shirt and we had to take the picture
again. 

The Wyatts took us out to dinner last night to celebrate my (gulp...)28th birthday! Ms. Dara stole the hearts of everyone there and wore her sassy sunglasses! 

I don't know why my camera did this, but Dara was giving kisses and hugs to Luke. Waaayy cute.




And your video of the week... Luke is teething and loves chewing on our fingers. He was all about it this day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment