Total Pageviews

Wednesday, October 16, 2013

I'm Back!

Surgery is complete! I know have some control over my right hand and fingers and can attempt to type (with a black and pink splint to boot!) This has probably been some of the most stressful weeks, even worse than when Luke was a newborn. I have been almost completely helpless without the use of my right arm. There is no strength in my fingers/grasp and when I move my wrist side to side I want to scream in pain.

 Today is better though because I've been able to hold the baby for the first time in 2.5 weeks. During those two weeks, if I wanted a cuddle, I'd have to prop myself up with pillows and have someone lay him on me. The second he started wiggling, someone would have to grab him because I wouldn't have any way to keep him from falling off my lap. To top it off, fixing my hair, taking a shower, putting on "real" pants, and wearing any long sleeve top was a major hassle. Looking back on it, I think I would have decided to live with the cyst and torn tendon instead of opting for surgery. The  pain and irritation just wasn't worth it. Plus, I now have to have physical therapy at least 2 times a week which just adds one more appointment that I have to schedule onto my already full schedule once I'm back at work. Meh. 

A 2.5 week time span means a lot to a 6 month old's development. He is starting to do new and amazing things and it makes me realize how much I miss while I'm at work. He's starting to "talk" now with his first words being "ba-ba" for bottle. When he's hungry and mad he'll scream out "BA-BA"... and he started saying "da-da" the other morning. I looked at him and said "Say Hi Da-Da" and he repeated what I had just said. He hasn't done that since this weekend though so I'm hoping for a repeat performance soon! He's starting to sit up on his own and has begun the beginning stages of crawling. Once he figures out how to get his bum up in the air, he'll be on the move. He's cutting teeth this week, I think. He drools constantly and has had a screaming fit almost all day today. I finally gave him some Tylenol which seems to help his discomfort and allow him to nap. Luke's also sleeping in his crib all night now. He's set his own bed time at 8:00 and he goes straight into the crib. Most nights he's there all night but sometimes we sneak him in with us if he wakes up too early. 

Luke turns six months old this Friday on Dillon and mine's 5 year anniversary. I'm hoping to go to dinner Friday night, all three of us. Hopefully, we can get back in the swing of things soon. I'm having a difficult time leaving Lucas at daycare again... I don't know if this will ever get easier.

Hey, mom! I like napping with you!

He's so dang cute in that jacket.

Gma's helping me this week!


Lunch with the Wyatt's!

Dara going in for the hug!

Amy and me at the Cregger's wedding. What a beautiful wedding and a fun night with friends!

mussed up eyebrows

Peekaboo!

Luke loves reading!

And sitting up playing music!
 

1 comment:

  1. It sounds like you have had a really tough couple of weeks girly. :( Hang in there. It will get better. I know it seems like things are stacking up but try to look around and take a deep breath! <3

    ReplyDelete