Total Pageviews

Tuesday, October 22, 2013

6 Month Check In

Friday, Luke turned 6 months old and today had his 6 month check up with the pediatrician. He weighs a whopping 17 pounds and is 27 inches long! He also received 4 shots today which was pitiful to watch. I can't believe the size of the needles they use!

In the next few months we'll be looking at getting a "big boy" car seat as he's already outgrowing his infant seat. Luke's growing into a little boy already and the pediatrician is pleased with his developments! He has a nasty rash on his neck and cheeks from teething so we're trying out some hydrocortizone cream and aquaphor. He can sleep on his tummy now only because I can't keep him from rolling over. I can't believe what a sweet boy he is. Dr. Fogleman said that she just feels drawn to his personality and I believe it. Little Luke smiles at everyone and has never met a stranger. He's not overly clingy to me and is satisfied with everyone holding and cuddling him. He's always smiling, even when I know he must feel crummy because of teeth coming in.

He's beginning to think about crawling. He can get his shoulders up but his behind stays down and when he gets his behind up his front topples over. It should be happening soon though. 

This past weekend we traveled to Virginia as Dillon's daddy was in the hospital. Thankfully, he's home tonight and resting up. On Friday, we celebrated our 5th anniversary. Dillon bought me flowers and since we were traveling to Virginia, we were unable to go down to Lake Lure which is usually our tradition. Since we were on the road, we celebrated on Saturday by eating at Rain in Abingdon. Our waiter was superb (thanks, Jon!) and the food was delicious. 

This weekend we may go down to Lake Lure for lunch or dinner and we have a date with the Wyatts to take the kiddos to a pumpkin patch! He is growing into such a fun little boy and I can't wait to see the adventures that lie ahead! 

Sweet boy holding his "ba ba"


My Aunt Jerri & Uncle Charles came to visit before I had my surgery... We had a great dinner thanks to our mom and they got some good cuddles from Luke!


Diaper change!




Outtake!

Toppling over

Visitng with Granny




And Dillon will probably kill me for posting this, but here he is playing guitar and singing. Luke is his accompaniment!

No comments:

Post a Comment