Total Pageviews

Saturday, November 16, 2013

Pre-Holiday Lull

I haven't posted in awhile, only because we really haven't been doing much other than gearing up for Thanksgiving & Christmas. Once Thanksgiving hits, we'll be on the go, go, go! 

Santa has received Lucas' wish list and delivered some of the presents for me to wrap already. I'm getting so pumped up for his first Christmas and I don't think I've felt this excited since I was a kid! 

We've all had a little bit of a rough week with Dillon being out of town and Luke and I being sick. I went to pick him up from daycare Thursday and he'd yacked all over the place and was acting tired and like he didn't feel well. He had a fever in the evening and surprise, surprise, I woke up the next morning with a sore throat. Thankfully, Dillon's on his way home tonight, a whole day early and I think the baby and I are getting better (*fingers crossed*)

I'm hoping his teeth are FINALLY coming through. Holy cow, he's been drooly and grumpy and chewing on everything. Every day I check to see if they've broken through yet. And this evening he took his first moves towards crawling. I think it may happen within the next week or so. We had to lower his pack n play yesterday because he's trying to pull up. Gah, I can't believe that he's making all these developments so quickly and so soon. Wasn't he just born last week?! :( 

These pictures are all from my phone. We haven't had much chance to take photos with our camera and we've just been staying home for the most part. The first holidays are coming up soon, though, and I'm sure photo opportunities will abound! 
This is a video of Luke trying to eat those puffs that everyone says their kids just LOVE, which he doesn't. :P I thought at one point he was going to eat it straight down since I was videoing but his reaction at the end is what we usually see. I've tried feeding him sweet potatoes, regular potatoes and other "real" foods and he usually gets this awful look and just gags it back out. Have other people with babies experienced this?

How most of our time is spent. Trying to keep him from grabbing sharp items.

Thankfully, dad saves the day.


Hey, ma. This water stuff is pretty tasty.


Lola cuts in on the photo shoot

Nightly pictures to dad while he's in Florida


Please let this be the day his teeth come through. AHHHH.

Luke's first craft!


No comments:

Post a Comment