Total Pageviews

Sunday, December 22, 2013

8 Months Old!

So, I haven't been the most well-put together mama here lately. Christmas seems to have become a lot more work than it used to be for us. Between buying presents, Christmas parties and hosting the holidays at our house this season, we've had little time for anything else. Luke turned 8 months old last Wednesday and I honestly forgot about it until the day arrived. We had 3 Christmas parties this week so I didn't have time to write on his little board and take pictures. Luckily we had some time today, so I did get a few photos only a couple of days late. 

At 8 months old, Luke is quickly growing out of "baby" and into "little boy." For the past month, he's been on the verge of crawling so many times. This morning, for some reason, it just clicked and off he went. He still has no teeth, but eats yogurt bites sometimes. He still hates solid foods for the most part and is still accustomed to only baby food. He's saying ma-ma now, and still screams for his dad most of the time. He loves his little red car that his Grammie and Papaw Kestner got him for Christmas. 

I think we're ready for Christmas. We went to the store super early yesterday, in order to avoid the huge crowds out shopping and I got all of our groceries for this week. The amount of food I purchased is on the verge of being ridiculous. It'll be only Dillon and I on Christmas Eve (and hopefully the Wyatts will join us that evening) and then my parents will be down on Christmas day. I'm not quite sure who I bought the $200 worth of groceries for, but I hope that we can enjoy all the goodies. I've made Chex mix today and have the dough in the fridge to make Kifli cookies (a Hungarian cookie recipe that my Grandma Estep used to make). Tomorrow I have cheeseballs and sausage balls and hashbrown casserole... and even more the next few days! It's a lot of work, but I've enjoyed the ability to host Christmas this year.

My heart is very full this year being Luke's first Christmas and with all the blessings we've received this year. I can't wait to see what 2014 holds!
Not quite sure what he was doing here... but I just caught him one day doing this "yoga" pose

In his little red car!



At the Feaver's Christmas party last night... I thought Dillon would take more pictures but we were too busy having fun!



Happy the Dog!


Luke says "I remember this from last week. I can rip off this paper and get a gift, right?"



I'm 8 months old now!


I tear up looking at these pictures... he's growing so fast :( 


Luke loves Christmas!

Ready for Christmas on Wednesday!


No comments:

Post a Comment