Total Pageviews

Sunday, December 8, 2013

Santa Claus is Comin' to Town!

Oh, man. Kids make Christmas so much fun (and maybe a little bit more stressful, but anywho...) This weekend we decided to take Luke out to meet Santa for the first time. We were going to go to the mall, which is really unacceptable in my book after Thanksgiving. People can be so cut throat about their Christmas shopping and I'm just never really in the mood to deal with all of that. But for the sake of Luke and good pictures I was going to gear up and take him there, until I learned on Friday that Santa Claus also visits the Grove Arcade downtown. I figured there would still be a line and lots of kids, but figured it had to be better than the mall.

It was MUCH better. Dillon and I enjoyed our lunch at Chai Pani and then walked up the street into the Arcade, and then walked straight over to Santa with no line and no screaming kids or tense parents. We got several photos (for free, no less!) and Luke sent his thoughts over to Santa on what he wants for Christmas (I hope he said the Fisher Price doggie that sings and dances because that's what Santa's getting him!) 

Things in our neck of the woods have been going smoothly. Working a lot and gearing up for all the festivities. Luke is into everything nowadays. He doesn't like cuddling too much anymore because he'd much rather have the remote control or wiggle over to look at the texture of a pillow or the couch. He's still not officially crawling, although if you put him down somewhere, he will not be in the same place when you come back. When we go out to eat with him, people literally stop us to tell us how well behaved and what a good baby he is. Even though I think it's all genetic and he's just even tempered, I'll take that as a compliment! 

We're only two weeks away from Christmas! Lots of things happening between now and then and we couldn't be happier!
Professional photos

Gah, just melts my heart!





What a great Santa! He was so sweet.


Luke has outgrown his baby tub, so he now chills out in the big tub in a laundry basket, totally works!

A picture I got the other night from Dillon while I had to work late. Sweet boys telling me that they loved me!

Luke before church this morning in his outfit from Aunt Jerri & Uncle Charles!

So handsome

And pulling his ornament off the tree... I told you, he's into EVERYTHING.

Lunch at Chai Pani with some hot tea to warm up



Some of our pictures



Yesterday evening the boys napped while I made some beef stew

It's hard meeting Santa for the first time!

No comments:

Post a Comment