Total Pageviews

Sunday, March 23, 2014

11 Months!

My little baby isn't so little anymore. On Tuesday, he turned 11 months old which means in less than a month he'll be a year old celebrating with a birthday party and everything. He's into EVERYTHING, and I do mean everything. If you want to let this little Tasmanian devil down off your lap, you had better put anything breakable or electric out of reach. It will immediately wiped to the ground. His fingers will automatically go to the electric plugs or his little legs will try to climb up stairs. He's on the brink of walking. Pulling himself up on the coffee table and walking around it endlessly only to "jump" to the couch and walk along that some more. This week his first tooth FINALLY came through, along with the bulging gums on the top threatening two more teeth here shortly. Luke has been in misery (but we'll get to that shortly...) His favorite thing to do is pull tissues out of the box and rip them into small shreds. He's such a little boy now and so mischievous. He'll crawl to a place where he knows he shouldn't be and then turn around and grin at me like "mama, I know you don't want me over here, but how far will you let me go??? " A woman today at Target had a baby that had to be no more than a month old in her baby carrier. It was all I could do to not go sniff that new baby smell from the top of her head and I kept thinking about how Luke was that small around a year ago. 

We haven't had the easiest week. Last Sunday, I was feeding Luke breakfast and when I turned my head back around, oatmeal just seemed to stream from his mouth. A LOT of oatmeal. I guess I'm not a great mom yet, because vomit still skeeves me out. I don't know if I'll ever get used to it, but I cleaned it up and prayed I had just overfed him. I hadn't. He proceeded to barf one more time that day and then another time that night in his crib. I've washed more laundry this week than I have in my entire life. He can't go to daycare within 24 hours of vomiting so I worked from home and planned on getting back to normal the next day. Except he started running a 102 degree fever. Just a bug, the doctor said. He should be back to normal soon. And then my tummy started doing the funny dance, and I thought "This isn't good." And it wasn't. It was terrible. Luke's fever kept on until Thursday and I finally started regaining some of my strength. Except, Luke's getting teeth. So even after the fever was gone, he was screaming, like up at 3:30 AM screaming and no consoling. We took many trips this week around Asheville in the middle of the night because that was the only way to rock him to sleep. That and a lot of Motrin. Today was no end of the teething miserableness although it was a little better. There were at least some smiles (especially since my mom and dad came down and played with Luke all day). 

As I type, Luke's already fallen asleep. He fell asleep before 7:00 tonight so I know that he is unwell and doesn't feel up to par. We did see today, though, the the first tooth has broken through on the bottom so I'm hoping that the pain associated with this will diminish soon. Poor little fella. It's hard being a baby.   











No comments:

Post a Comment