Total Pageviews

Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Table Food Eater

In about a month, Luke will be given the free and clear to stop drinking formula and move forward with "real people" food and start taking whole milk. I've started trying to transition him to eating table food to make taking his "ba ba" a little easier. I'm not sure how this will all pan out because he LOVES his bottles. I can start making one and he kicks his little legs up and down and practically screams until you stick the bottle in his mouth. 

I've tried giving sippy cups, which he's ok with, but I think he just likes chewing the plastic on his sore gums. Nothing compares with that bottle. 

Anyways, he's eating a lot of stuff like a champ. He still has to eat soft foods as he doesn't have ANY teeth. None, nada, zip. Still gumming away on everything. Luke does like eating oatmeal for breakfast and we try and let him eat some of what we eat for dinner. Tonight he had some avocado and rinsed off chili (I was afraid it would be too spicy with all the sauce). He LOVES potato soup and chicken and dumplings, but let's be honest, who in their right mind doesn't like those things? It's getting easier because when we go out, we just order him a little side dish and he'll eat most of it. I don't know what I'll do when the bottles are stopped and we're not buying formula! 

This weekend we started getting stuff together for Luke's birthday party which is a little over a month from now. I've got some little party favors and decorations and a fun ball pit for the kids who get to come. To make it a little more fun for the adults, we'll have corn hole to play! Dillon will be working this Sunday afternoon on making our own corn hole boards. I can't believe this year has gone by so quickly. What a crazy, awesome ride. 

We're starting to get nice warm weather some days. Saturday we ate at White Duck Taco and enjoyed eating outside!

At the party supply store. Luke tried on different hats!

This one was my favorite!

We also found some super cute green Converse sneakers!

Luke's standing up on his own now and is almost walking. He doesn't sit still for anything so Sunday morning he was already peaking over the bed looking out the window.

See.. into everything

Tonight he showed off his "Ace Ventura" hairstyle. Lookin' good, kid.

Helping me clean the tub before bath time! 

No comments:

Post a Comment