Total Pageviews

Tuesday, August 19, 2014

16 Months

I'll start off by saying that I don't have many photos to share on this post. We've really just stayed at home here lately and we're too busy chasing Luke to get cute pictures! 

He turned 16 months old yesterday and with this new month comes new changes. He is becoming more verbal every day. His teacher has taught him how to say "Ta-Da!" and "Vroom Vroom" like a car. She also sings the B-I-B-L-E song and Luke can now say "Bible." He knows what "doggies" are and wakes up yelling for "DAAAD!" 

He has new skills of using spoons and forks and we are slowly working our way out of the bad habit of throwing food/silverware/plates/cups on the floor. 

We're still in the clumsy faze and have to be persistent in watching Luke. Last week, Dillon had taken Luke to the grocery store and I had worked on laundry in the basement. While coming back up the stairs, my arms were full and I was distracted and left the gate open. I was distracted (as I usually am these days) and when Dillon got home he put Luke down to look at something on the bar and the next thing I knew, I heard a thud and Dillon yelling "No, no, no!" in the most panicked voice I've ever heard. I ran through the house to hear Luke crying and Dillon holding him. Luke had taken a tumble down the stairs. Of course, he was fine a few minutes later, but Dillon and I were shaken to the core. He had a bruised forehead and a small cut above his eye and I made him sleep in the bed with us, just in case he had a concussion. But he was back to playing like normal in less than 5 minutes. You can bet that we are adamant about closing that gate now.

Luke loves daycare and his new teacher, Mrs. Freida. She teaches them songs and takes them out to play in the sandbox. They read stories every day and she has weekly lesson plans about what they are learning. I am so pleased with the care he receives while Dillon and I are at work every day. In fact, today, I don't think he wanted to leave and wanted to stay with all of his friends!

Every day with a 16 month old brings something new. He is so much fun these days and is a sponge soaking it all up. (We have to watch when we make mistakes now and not slip up and say a dirty word!)

And I promise, we'll have more, better pictures soon. We have some small trips coming up which will be blog-worthy in photos!! To make up for a low number of pictures, I'll include some videos. :)

Sharing my milkshake. Actually, I think Luke shared the milkshake with ME. He ate the majority of it and wouldn't let me have the cup!

My mom and dad came and stayed with us this weekend and allowed us to have a much deserved date night! We went to Pisgah Brewing and saw some good music and enjoyed a beer. Of course, Luke never missed us and had a great night hanging out with Grandma and Grandpa! 
Luke and my glasses. He looks so very hip(ster)

Accident prone Lucas... :-\

Our home is never quiet now :-) But it's always interesting!

No comments:

Post a Comment