Total Pageviews

Monday, August 11, 2014

Keeping Up



It's been a few weeks since I've updated this little blog. We have been so incredibly busy with work that we haven't had much time. Plus, the blog would have went something like "Sleep, Work, Eat, TV, Repeat." 

We're all doing well and Luke is growing quickly. He's going through a faze right now where he clings onto either Dillon or myself and doesn't want to go to anyone else. He's also going through a little bit of a clumsy faze which is about to give me a heart attack. He's always bumping his head or falling. The worst of it was when he fell and busted his nose and lip all at the same time. I was home by myself with him and panicked a little at the site of the blood, but I was able to calmly clean his boo boos and get him calmed down. I had never been so happy to see Dillon pulling into the driveway.

 We've all been through a cold, one that put me on antibiotics for 10 days and we spent the weekend getting things more settled at our house. It seems like we just moved everything in and now we're getting it all to where we want it to be. This weekend, Dillon made several trips to Lowe's to get materials to hang our TV above the fireplace, making our living room look 3 times the size as it was before. I think that when we bought a house 6 years ago, I should have just accepted the fact that we will always be running a tab at the home improvement store. 

Yesterday, I got to have a lovely mommy's afternoon out with Lauren while the boys took the kids out (or just somewhere). We were able to grab a bite for lunch, walk around the mall and look at things we liked and even grab a coffee. When we all regrouped, the kids had gotten ice cream, the daddies had gotten a beer and we were all in good spirits. Although, I think Lauren said it best that "the kids look homeless!" They had ice cream splattered on their pants and their hair was in disarray, but as long as they all had fun, that's all that mattered. 

Things are slowly getting into a routine which is nice. I feel like we may finally be able to slow down a bit and enjoy some quiet time. I'm sure something will come up that changes all that, but for now it's nice! 

At Doc Chey's a few weekends ago...

And we enjoyed some free fish at LJS

Some of you may have noticed my Facebook post about Luke falling off the ottoman. This was taken a few moments before the incident! He likes to sit up here and watch for Dillon to come home.

Dudes and Dara day! 

Eyeing that ice cream

And some cute videos from Dillon: 




No comments:

Post a Comment