Total Pageviews

Monday, January 18, 2016

Cold, Snowy Days

Having a 70 degree Christmas really makes the winter blues hit hard when January temperatures reach only 25 and it starts snowing. I'm the type of person who could live in hot climates year round and don't really dig the cold and snow. I can appreciate the beauty of the snow, but I HATE going out in all this mess. Meh.

This weekend, we kept fairly busy and ran some errands, traveled through Biltmore to look at the snow and tried to see the goats, chickens and donkeys, but it was just too. dang. cold. We couldn't stay out in the weather and we had to rush back to the car. We had a good hang out session with the Wyatts and spent some time together. Luke and Dara love each other so much and Luke cried buckets when we had to leave. He wanted to stay with her all day.

Today it was back to work for a short week. Tomorrow evening Dillon and I leave for Greenville to catch a 6:45 AM flight on Wednesday to San Antonio. And of course, in our usual fashion, Luke caught a bug on a busy work week. He's had a little cold for a week or so and Friday he got a cough that just wouldn't let up. I decided to take him to the doctor today for the cough and found out that he was running a 101 temperature and an ear infection was taking form. Poor buddy. Maw and peepaw will be giving amoxicllin while Dillon and I are traveling. :(  I'm worried enough with Dillon and I both being gone for the first time, but the sickness makes me a little more anxious. I'm sure it will all be ok, but I get a little teary when I think about all of it. Ahh, the joys of being a working mama. Plus, I'm getting the cold now, too, so I'm sure all of my fellow flight mates will be super happy to hear me coughing.

We are excited for a little getaway, even if I have to work most of the time. And two weeks from Friday is our trip to DISNEY, so little buddy, we'll try and make it up to you for leaving you on this trip. And it looks like the following weekend will be move in day for my mom and dad! Lots of business going on and exciting times for sure!

Luke and his free spirit running free... :)


Luke telling us stories about DinoTrux!

A little bit of snow...





<3


The snow looked so delicate on this bush, kind of like baby's breath.



Goats!







No comments:

Post a Comment