Total Pageviews

Friday, January 1, 2016

Happy 2016!

Happy New Year's! We rang in 2016 last night sleeping. Not much excitement going on around here. We did have some yummy snacks last night with some sparkling grape juice that Luke can enjoy.

2015 was an alright year, no major changes for our household. We took a few trips, fixed up our new house and spent some good time together. I had set some goals at the beginning of last year and we accomplished most of it. (If you want to read our goals go here!)

Take a Family Vacation: Check!
Run (Walk) a 5K: Check! (even though I didn't train like I wanted to and I walked pretty much the entire thing and thought I was going to die the next day. I really need to get in shape.)
Get the House Decorated all Southern Living Style: Check? We got our guest bathroom fixed and new bookshelves. I wanted to fix up the screened in porch prettier and do some other things, but we have time. This year will be focusing on the exterior design and maybe fixing up our basement into a game/tv room!
Financials: Not quite where I wanted to be, but I did make a good dent into it. One step at a time right?!

For 2016 I have a few goals so we'll see this time next year if it works in our favor!

* Potty train Luke: Sorry, Luke. We've been working the past few weeks on potty training and he's just not into it. Ugh. I've read the books, he shows the signs for being ready but he's so stubborn about participating. I guess persistence is the key and when he's ready he'll start. Hopefully, 2016 will bring this change.

* Eat more veggies: I've found some really good vegetarian recipes and I want to minimize our meat intake. While I want to try a more vegetarian lifestyle, I just can't quite give up steak, bacon and fried chicken. (And I can't even think about being vegan because, well, cheese.) I think I'll try to make vegetarian meals at home and maybe just eat meat when we eat out. Is that a good compromise?

* Survive a trip to Disney World: So this is probably the easiest goal, since it's already planned out, but I want to enjoy the trip and try to avoid major meltdowns. I'm hoping since it's all planned, we'll be good to go and go with the flow. Our trip to Destin last year was a little difficult, but I think it had a lot to do with Luke's age and some growing pains. He likes to travel now and he's already started talking about going to Disney to see Mickey. Fingers crossed!

* Home Re-Dos: I LOVE our house, I LOVE the location, but there are some things that are a little *ahem* dated. Plus, it's so dang hard to do landscaping on this yard and to keep it all up. Dillon and I are planning to re-plank the front deck and paint our decks a more cohesive color (we're thinking barn red), replace the exterior lighting, paint the trim, add shutters to the front windows and I plan on finding someone who can help us out with the unruly weeds in our yard. After that, we'll work on the basement turning it into a toy room for Luke with a t.v. Dillon's dad has a treadmill that he offered to us and I wanted to take him up on it and maybe put it down there, but we're still on the fence about that one. 2017 will probably bring a new roof and redoing my bathroom.

Whew. A big year ahead. Who knows what the cards hold for our little family, but whatever comes our way I know we can weather it together. Wishing you a happy, healthy and safe New Years!

Quiet winter days at home early in 2015.

At the beach with Ma & Peepaw.


Warmer weather provided us with a chance to explore the woods behind our house.

And season passes to Biltmore gave an opportunity to get our energy out.






Happy birthday, little guy! You turned two!





We had new additions to our group!




Day out with Thomas the Train!






5K! 

And a new ride...

Luke started sleeping in a big boy bed!



Another trip to the beach to visit Ma & Peepaw at their temporary home!




Always looking up to dad... <3

Besties!




We love our visits with family!








Annual pumpkin picking!




My sweet fireman




















We had LOTS of train rides this year!








No comments:

Post a Comment