Total Pageviews

Sunday, June 19, 2016

Father's Day 2016!

Happy Father's Day to Dillon, my daddy and my daddy-in-law today (and all the other dad's out there!) We've had a pretty nice weekend. The weather has been absolutely perfect and we've been to a birthday party, the pool, out to eat, grilled out, and took some pretty good naps. All in all a pretty successful weekend if I do say so.

Yesterday we celebrated our friend Dara's birthday. While her actual birthday is in January, it's hard to get everyone together and out to play so Dara's mama decided we should celebrate in the summer at Mills River Park with a cookout and playing on a great playground.

Today we celebrated Dillon with a trip to the pool and eating lunch at a local Mexican restaurant. We were going to go out with some friends until we realized Luke would miss his crucial nap and probably be in a mood all afternoon so we passed on the lunch with them. Luke is doing so well with swimming and his little puddle jumpers are awesome. Today we put the swimmies on him and before we could even get sunscreened he was swimming out towards the deeper end of the pool. It scares me for him to be around water, but I want him to get used to it. I'm thinking next summer we may do some swimming lessons to try and move away from the floaties.

Things are going well otherwise. I am tired and thought I was coming out of the "morning" sickness, but it has come back again and I still struggle to drink water and brush my teeth. Luke still insists on a baby sister and he now kisses my tummy and says "I love you baby". He likes to look at the bottles and talk about how we'll feed the baby warm milk and we've talked about where the baby will sleep when it comes. He can be misbehaving and I tell him that the baby doesn't like that and he immediately shapes up and comes and hugs me and kisses my tummy. I'll probably get a little baby doll for him so he can practice taking care of the baby. I hope that this lasts and he always loves his little brother or sister. Tomorrow is my monthly check up so I'm hoping all is well. I'll be 13 weeks on Tuesday so I'm hoping that my next appointment we'll be able to schedule the big scan and find out if our little one is a boy or a girl!

Once again, Happy Father's Day to Dillon, the best dad a kid could ask for. I know that Luke loves you so much. It's apparent by how much he wants to be with you and be like you. I'm so glad that we get to share in this craziness together and that Luke has a great man to look up to.


Baby Josie gets into her cupcake!
 
She thought it was super funny and danced while eating her sweet.








Lookin' at the clouds


Silly Dillon


I feel like there's more of a belly from this angle, HA! Thanks for this one, Dill. 

Photo bombed. Typical Luke.

Kissin' the baby. 

No comments:

Post a Comment