Total Pageviews

Sunday, June 5, 2016

Summer Vacation

Oof. Dillon and I are sad puppies tonight.

After our little trip to the cabin, we've enjoyed the rest of the week off at home and doing things around town. There's been a lot of eating out, some cooking at home and lots of naps and relaxing. It's been excellent and I think that may make going back to work tomorrow even harder than if we'd taken a big vacation.

We spent a few mornings at the pool at my mom and dad's. We gave Luke the option of the pool on Friday or a trip to the zoo and he chose the pool (which we were fine with, less driving and less expense.) Today, we celebrated Dillon's 30th birthday with grilled steaks and I made a Hershey bar cake for him. The cabin trip was part of the birthday celebrations so it's been nice all week for him!

We're all doing well and I worry about the transition back to school tomorrow. We've all stayed up past our bed time and slept in past 7:00 most mornings, which is now late for us. It's been great.

In pregnancy news, I'm 11 weeks pregnant on Tuesday and almost out of the first trimester. I went to the doctor a few weeks ago and things were going well with a 175 heart rate for the baby and growing right on track. I've spent a few sick weeks and am coming out of the nasty fog for the most part. As of now, I waffle back and forth with food being repulsive and being starved and eating everything. There is no in between. We've started discussing names and have some strong contenders. Hopefully by the end of summer (meaning August) I'll pull the crib out and get the guest room turned into a nursery. If anyone is in need of a queen sized bed, we'll probably be giving one away to make room.

I wish that every week in the summer could be like the one we've had. I've enjoyed spending time with both Dillon and Luke with few stresses, but I guess it's back to the grind tomorrow.

Happy Sunday evening, all.

Pool time! Luke is a little swimmer now and has outgrown his fear of going in the "deep" water. He even swims a little bit!






Grillin' out with Ma and Peepaw after swimming!


10 weeks! Right now I look like I've had too many pieces of pizza (and feel like a busted can of biscuits) so I'm anxiously awaiting when I look more pregnant. Honestly, I don't even like posting the pictures of me, but soon I'll want to see them ( I guess. HA)


We also got to celebrate Baby Beckett's first birthday this week! She shares a birthday with Dillon and we were so glad to get to party with her!

Luke had so much fun at the party he didn't want to leave. Beckett's got some pretty sweet toys!








This little one LOVED her cake! It was the best! :)




A pretty leaf that Luke found on the porch. 

No comments:

Post a Comment