Total Pageviews

Sunday, December 4, 2016

Christmas Trees & Santa Claus

This has been a holiday filled weekend. We've done all things that are festive (and some mundane tasks have been thrown in as well). I feel like I'm trying to cram it all in just in case this is our last weekend before the baby arrives. My induction date has been set and if she's not here before, we'll be heading to the hospital at 6:00 AM on December 22nd. As long as I have her on the 22nd we'll be home by Christmas Eve and in time to have the most hectic Christmas ever. The first day home is always a little surreal and it takes time to get your bearings so we'll see how that goes. I'm still keeping my fingers crossed that I go into labor on my own at 38 weeks so that would be a week before.

Yesterday, we helped my mom and dad put up their Christmas tree. We listened to Christmas music, had hot chocolate and even Christmas cookies. This is the first Christmas in their new house so it's been a learning curve learning where to put the stockings and the tree. After working on that, we came home and relaxed the rest of the evening. Our dinner consisted of a Marco's pizza and a trip to Lowe's to buy a new floor mop. Ha.

Today, we ran errands in the morning and this afternoon, we spent some time with Santa Claus! Last year was the only year we didn't go to Grove Arcade, just because we happened upon Santa at Bass Pro. But this year we returned to our faithful Santa Claus. It's been rainy and cold today so I figured that traffic downtown would be minimal, but boy was I wrong. We circled around looking for parking places, the lots were full and traffic was at a standstill. We finally happened upon our lot when 6 spots were open so we  raced in and found a spot. Luke loved parking on top of the parking deck because he "could see the whole city" from up there. We saw the big cranes working on the new hotels and made our way into the Grove Arcade. The line was short and we only had to wait a few moments for Luke's turn with Santa. The only Christmas that Luke has shied away from Santa was his 2nd one. This year he ran to Santa and gave him a HUGE hug! He talked to him for almost 5 minutes about all the goings on in his life and told Santa that he wanted a big monster truck, a space ship Lego set (um, what?! that's the first we had heard of that) and a jacket like Daddy's (which he already has...)  So Santa has his marching orders... He also told him that we would leave some chocolate chip cookies and hot chocolate for him when he arrives at our house. What sweet joy was on his face when he saw Santa.

Otherwise, we're all prepared. Once I finish typing this, I'll be wrapping the last few presents we have and relaxing while Luke naps. I have 10 business days until I'm on my official maternity leave and I think all is ready. I'm ready. I'm so tired and being a working mama, 9 months pregnant is no easy feat. Please bear with me if my sunny disposition isn't to be found, I'm really trying!

Luke's turned into quite the character lately... never a serious (or dull) moment!

As stated before... plus he has a whoopie cushion. :-| 
Hanging out in the baby's room









Luke's attempt at photography!


Outtakes!


Dillon cleaned out our fridge!








He was whispering to me to remind him what his bear's name is...it's Ralph. 









No comments:

Post a Comment