Total Pageviews

Saturday, January 28, 2017

6 Weeks and Dinosaurs

Thursday marked Charlotte's sixth week in the world and she's already changed in so many ways. She's noticeably heavier when you pick her up and her little face is changing from "newborn" to what she'll actually look like. She's pretty much sleeping through the night, from 9:30ish to 5:00ish (which I'll take) and she's holding steady at 4 ounces in her bottle. I think that 6 weeks also marks the end of the newborn stage which is sad and happy at the same time. Two weeks ago, 3 month clothes were a little loose on her and now they fit fairly well.

Her 6 week mark also means that I'm at the halfway point of my maternity leave. Bummer. I'm not constantly harping on it like I did when I was off with Luke, but I think that I've just learned to push it from my mind better than I did before. I'm not thinking about it as best I can and I plan to stay in denial until March 7th when I go back. I'm not really sure how I'm going to handle dropping her off and how I'll get all the house stuff done and deal with constant needs from work. Charlotte's become pretty attached to me and I can't stand the thoughts of leaving her. Ugh.

Well, in other news, we took Luke to see the dinosaur exhibit today at the Cellular Center downtown. For $15 bucks a person, we had a pretty good time. They had lots of bouncy houses, crafts with dinosaurs and of course, a dinosaur gift shop where we had to purchase a T-Rex Transporter. They had an exhibit with moving dinosaurs, which Luke didn't really care for because I think it was a little scary for him. The dinos were big and they had roaring noises going throughout the exhibit. Luke also got to ride on a dinosaur which he loved!


Everything else is good in our neck of the woods. Things are running like clockwork and all is well. We're enjoying our time together and looking forward to warmer weather, and even thinking about a vacation in the early summer. I love my little family.

I got a little play mat for Charlotte, and of course Luke had to test it out.


Putt putt dino golf

I finally figured out how to use the infant insert for my carrier so no more Moby wrap. 


Riding the dino!

Me with the T-Rex, Luke wouldn't take his picture with it...



Jeep drivin'





Charlie ready for bed!

Luke loves her so... he wanted to "sleep" with her so he crawled up in the pack n play to lay beside her.

I love these pictures






Having two kids can be tiring... how I found them after my shower one night.


I loved the outfit and wanted a picture but chose the worst time to take it.

baby smiles!


Oh, Luke. Haha


Our new favorite movie is Polar Express. And this is our hot chocolate dance!



Dillon's whiskers tickle Charlie and she's not too fond of it.



This was from a few weeks ago and I found it on my phone. Sweet baby cuddles.



Luke's bath time!




No comments:

Post a Comment