Total Pageviews

Sunday, February 19, 2017

Day Trippin'




We've had a pretty good week here in these parts. The winter weather has stayed at bay and springtime temperatures have prevailed! I figured that most of my maternity leave would be spent indoors with poor weather, but I actually think it's been better than when I was off in Luke in the spring/summer. When he was born, the spring was all rainy and cool, so it's been a nice surprise to have a mix of winter and spring. 

Last Friday, Luke stayed home with me and we took his bike down to my mom and dad's house where he got to practice riding. That evening we went back and Dillon practiced with him again and taught him how to brake the bike going down a hill. When we got back to the house, Luke took off his helmet and exclaimed "I'm just worn out!" Luke also had a good week at trying new foods. If you've ever had a picky eater for a child, you know this is a big deal. He tried scrambled eggs one night and really liked them and also had a cheeseburger and has requested to eat them for dinner almost every night.

Today we went up to Virginia to introduce baby Charlie to Dillon's family. She got to meet her great-granny today and a slew of cousins and aunts! It was a great day getting to catch up with everyone although we're all plum exhausted this evening. No nap for Luke means a grumpy Luke.

I have two full weeks left of maternity leave, so my heart is breaking just a little. However, we did get good(ish) news this week! I get to return to work on a part-time schedule. The -ish part is because we're having to budget like crazy to make sure we're financially able for me to do this, but it looks like it's going to work. I'll return for three days a week and the other two I'll get to be home with at least Charlie and Luke if he wants to stay home with me a few days. Luke really likes going to school so I don't want to pull him out. Plus, he's at the age now where I really think it's important for him to be in pre-school and interact with his friends. If he wants to stay with me on the Tuesdays and Thursdays I'll let him, but he'll be in school while I go to work and my mom and dad will watch Charlie those days. I'm really excited to try this schedule out and see how it works. I'm excited to be able to spend more time with my kids and to catch up on things around the house during these days too. Dillon and I have some ideas for some entrepreneurial enterprises, too, so we're working on ways to implement them. It makes going back to work a little more bearable and I'm dreading it less than I was. In the mean time, I'll enjoy every second of my last two weeks at home full time and cuddle with my little baby as much as I can because we all know she'll never be this little again.


Granny meets Charlie!


And Luke promptly found Granny's stash of Jell-O.


Aunt Glenda meets Charlie!

And cousin Terry!













<3


Luke found buried treasure in Granny's flower pot!



Pappaw Eddie gets some good snuggles!





Luke and his scrambled eggs!



Charlie at the pediatrician's office this week. She got a GREAT report and 3 shots :( But she did just great with just a few tears!




This was today before we even got out of Saltville!











No comments:

Post a Comment