Total Pageviews

Sunday, March 26, 2017

March Madness

It's been a good, yet busy month for us. We've started t-ball practices, gone back to work, learned our new normal and have tried to stay awake in the evenings. Even working part-time, I find myself exhausted most afternoons because there's so much to do at work and at home. And isn't it funny that I can have the house cleaned up semi-nice on Tuesday and by the end of the week it's a mess again. Ha!

I have made some progress with getting Charlie to nap in her crib during the day. She still sleeps in our room in a bassinet and I think I'll keep her there until around 6 months. She's still being swaddled too  so we're trying to figure out how to ween her off of that. She's really enjoyed spending time at my mom and dad's and I'm fairly certain that she's NEVER laid down when she's with them. She's really a happy baby and we're enjoying her so much.

Luke's having a lot of fun too and is doing all kinds of big boy things. He's started up at tball and we're working on listening and patience. Two things which aren't his strong suit. But at every practice I can see his ability to throw and catch get better and I know he's making progress. Poor buddy is just so dang active. He can't sit still and just wants to run everywhere.

We're also super into dinosaurs right now. One day while he was napping, Dillon and I turned on Jurassic Park just to watch something and when Luke got up from his nap he was hooked. I spent an hour today in our storage trying to find his toy dinosaurs that he hadn't had much interest in. We've watched Jurassic Park no less than 10 times this week and while I thought some parts would scare him, others seem to really entertain him (Like the part where the dinosaur grabs the man off the toilet.) Dillon's thrilled about his new obsession because this was one of his favorite topics when he was a little boy.

I honestly can't believe that Luke turns 4 in less than a month. It honestly seems like yesterday that we were awaiting him to arrive and the past four years have been such a blur. I think I may have said this already, but instead of a party this year, we're taking a day trip to Dollywood (Luke's choice). I think I may still get him a little cake and such but we're forgoing the whole big party.

We're so excited for spring and warmer weather. It's always nice to be able to get outside and do things and not be cooped up inside.

Luke and his guitar!
Josie came over to hang out the other night! We had fun in the tent and sandbox!



The Creggers also brought over the exesaucer which Charlie's tried out. That things been through 4 babies now. 



Evil guitar face




church time! 




When Charlie hits her witching hour in the evenings, Dillon pops her in there and she's good to go.





First hit at the tee!


She likes to sit up but doesn't have the stamina so far for the high chair. So I fed her in her "sit me up" chair this week.


Funny story about this... When Dillon was a little boy he had this character called "Monkey Man" and he'd put gloves on his feet and run around the house. This week, Luke found a pair of gloves (without knowing this story) and put them on his feet and said "Hey, Look at me, I'm a monkey man!" Like Father, like son.

How I found the asleep last night. Ha!


1 comment: