Total Pageviews

Sunday, April 16, 2017

Easter 2017

Happy Easter!

We've had a very busy, but good week and weekend. Where we had been sick a few weeks ago, I missed a day of work. So this week I made up my missed day and Luke's school was closed on Friday so I had to work 4 days in a row. It about killed me. It makes me realize that going to work part time has been the best for our family because it would have been a mad house had I been back full time. We were all in bed asleep by 8:45 every evening this week.

Yesterday we wanted to take Luke to an egg hunt and my mom and dad's church was hosting one. When we showed up 5 minutes late, all the eggs were gone. They had let kids start hunting eggs at 10:00 instead of 11:00 so we had a sad Luke on our hands. The Feavers had invited us to go to Highland Brewery's egg hunt at 12:00 so we piled everyone back into the car and headed across town. It was still madness and some kids left without getting any eggs. I never realized how cut throat these egg hunts were. To make up for Luke not getting many eggs, I hid ours in the backyard yesterday and we went on an egg adventure. He found all 21 of them and had a good time.

This morning, we started getting ready as soon as we woke up and we made it to church on time! Both Luke and Charlie looked super sweet today. Luke was very excited to dress up and to get his Easter basket from the Easter bunny. He got a lot of goodies such as a butterfly net and a critter catcher. Charlie got a new bib and a rabbit rattle. We had a good church service and a good lunch with my mom and dad.

Let me tell you, though, I am worn out. I've cooked all weekend and tried to get us where we need to be on time (which is no easy feat nowadays). Luke's 4th birthday is on Tuesday and we were planning on going to Dollywood, except they're calling for rain :( We have plans on Thursday so we can't go then and it looks like we may have to push it back a week to go. Poor Luke's little heart is going to be broken, but we'll make it there as soon as we can.

What a fun, full week we have ahead!

He really and truly loves his baby sister. It warms my heart.



He also loves dirt. A lot.









Ma giving pointers on how to get the eggs

Pure madness

At least there was beer to help the parents cope. ;)

Amber and Ms. B

Eric & Josie look at the cows 







Charlie's starting to get a real personality on her and has giggle fits every now and then :) 











Easter morning










She pooped right as I put her in her car seat 


My cake

Luke's net that was in his Easter basket

Charlie in her sweet leg warmers from my Uncle Tom and Aunt Debbie! She wore the dress yesterday that came with it but she was in the carrier all day. Super cute!



No comments:

Post a Comment