Total Pageviews

Tuesday, August 15, 2017

Eight Months!

Charlie is 8 months old today!

She's turned into a movement monster and never sits still. Wearing 9 month clothes, we get told all the time that she looks so tiny (but I feel like she's the same size Luke was at this age). She is constantly on the go which makes bottle feedings terrible. You basically have to wrestle this child to the ground to feed her.

She loves food, still, and doesn't turn down any type of solids. When we eat a meal, I have to make sure that I have something available for her or she becomes super angry. She's grown a lot this month and can now crawl, and can say words like "dada", "mama", and "baba".

She's still a good sleeper and sleeps through the night, except for last night when I could only get her to sleep with me in the bed. Every time I put her down, she would wake up so I'm not sure what that was about and if it's the cold she's been fighting or teething? Speaking of teeth, she still has NO teeth. None. She's drooling like she's teething, she chews on everything so I would have thought by now something would have popped through, but nope.

Things that she likes:

* Her new walker! We have an exesaucer that Luke loved when he was little and we have other places to set her, but she doesn't like them as much as this thing. Like I said before, she doesn't like being stationary so she explores in this. We just got it today and she went crazy scooting into everything and you would have thought it was the best thing ever.

* Fruits, Vegetables, Puffs, Creamies, pretty much anything. She's getting great and feeding herself and I've let her try some of the puffs and such that she can pick up with her fingers. I've fed her broccoli and she eats it. She loves avocados and oranges, bananas and potatoes. We fixed  some garlic bread with pasta the other day and she ate two whole pieces of bread. I'm hoping this sticks, because it's a real bummer to have a picky eater (sorry, Luke!)

* Spoons and Toothbrushes. We have hundreds of dollars worth of toys to keep her entertained and her favorite things to play with are spoons and a toothbrush of Luke's that he never used. She likes to hold them and chew on them. I can even get some plastic tableware like cups and bowls and that entertains her better than anything.

* Going to the grocery store. She loves riding in the buggy and looking at all the items on the shelf. That's a sure fire way to keep her entertained for a little bit and she barely makes a peep.

We're only 4 months away from her first birthday. It's so hard to believe, but we're making the best of every moment (even the hard ones like last night!)


Luke and Dillon found a praying mantis and a toad in the same day! 


Her tongue is always out! I'm not sure what that's about.














This is my favorite outfit for her right now.

Snot and drool for days...

No comments:

Post a Comment