Total Pageviews

Sunday, June 17, 2018

Father's Day 2018



Happy Father's Day to all the great dads out there (including, but not limited to, Dillon, my own dad and my father-in-law)! They're all great men and I'm so glad to have them in my life! I love you all!
Dillon's been working super hard lately so I promised that we could skip church this morning to have a day where we didn't really have to have plans and could just relax. I guess it was about as relaxing as it could be with two kids. We decided to go down to the splash pad in Asheville and let the kids run. I had promised my dad that I would make his lunch and I made cabbage and potatoes & fried squash, Dillon grilled some chicken, too. It must have been good, because everyone talked about how good that squash was, ha!
Life has been, stressful? I guess is the best word, or maybe exhausting. I'm not sure quite how to describe it. We're in a good place, but feel pretty done by the end of the day. Last Sunday, I fell asleep on the couch at 7:15, woke up at 10:00 and went to our bed and slept until after 6:00 the next morning.  Usually if I fall asleep on the couch, I can't sleep well at night, but it hasn't seemed to bother me too much lately.
Our house is finally coming together. The kitchen was finished up last weekend and it looks amazing! Our plumbing isn't backing up into the house and we have quotes, but I think we may see how long we can get by (that may be dumb, but whatever).
We don't really have any trips coming up and the rest of the summer will probably be spent at home, but it's nice. Honestly, I don't really want to go anywhere at the moment and am enjoying being anti-social. Ha! I'm looking forward to the rest of our summer and spending time together. It's a good feeling.

We got new bar stools and Charlie loves to climb on them. I've done away with the high chair because she just wants to sit here. Such a daredevil.

PS, when did she start to look like a little girl and not a baby?! 

Heading to the splash pad!




Annnndd... there it is. The Charlotte Kestner stank eye.

Sweet boy.







Yep.


Luke got bummed out because he thought we were going to a water park with a water slide? Don't ask me why he thought that, but he finally perked up some.










Ugh. The struggle is real and the terrible twos really start at 18 months. Dear gracious, she has cried all weekend and had tantrums the whole time. 






Lunch with pappaw!


Here was our little mouse friend at the pool yesterday.





3 comments:

  1. Hey Lady,
    I think there is something you can get to try and prevent lice when you know there is an outbreak...check into this. When I did a long term sub a few years ago, lice broke out in 5th grade...and Amanda told me some type of shampoo I could use to prevent me from getting lice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Keep us in your prayers...Charlie goes to Duke July 9 for a CT scan...prayers that his cancer tumors are shrinking or going away.
    Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just saw this Tammy! I'm so sorry I didn't respond... You all are definitely in our prayers. <3

    ReplyDelete