Total Pageviews

Sunday, July 1, 2018

Luke's First Weekend Away From Mom and Dad

Technically, Luke has spent a few days away from us, but it was Dillon and I that traveled and my mom and dad stayed with him at our house. This weekend, though, is the first time he has traveled away from us and stayed away from home without us. And, honestly, I thought he might have a little anxiety about us leaving him and being away from home, but that little booger hasn't cared the least bit! Yesterday we spent the day in Virginia, but he chose to spend most of his time with Grammy while we traveled around. We did get to have a lovely cookout and Dillon's cousin, Deanna's, house.  She has an awesome pool and the kids LOVED playing in it!

It's a little lonely here without Luke though, and super quiet. The baby slept in until 9:00 this morning (I, of course, was up at 6:30. WHYYY?) and she's currently in bed now and it is so quiet. There's no kid's tv on, Luke isn't running through the house in his underwear screaming, and let me tell you, I miss him. It just doesn't feel like home without him here, but once again it's part of his growing up process. With him starting school, we'll have to get used to sleep overs and camp outs and him becoming a little more independent with each day. I told Dillon today that next month is the month that he starts kindergarten and I legitimately teared up. I think I'm going to need a Valium when he goes to school.

Charlie has enjoyed alllll the attention today. In fact, we asked her this evening "Do you miss brother." And she emphatically said "NO." That's also her favorite word right now, so I'm hoping that she does miss him, even if it's just a little bit.

Next week starts Bible School and I'm pumped for it. We have so many fun things planned for all these kids and I can't wait to get it started! I'm hoping that the promise of Bible School for Luke will lessen the blow when he has to come home. Ha! This week is a funky one, too, with the Fourth on Wednesday and then we're off on Friday to set up everything for VBS. It's a full month for sure, but I love it.


Granny is doing well and getting back on her "feet" after her broken arm. We were so glad to get to visit with her for a little bit!



Isn't Dillon so handsome? <3 And a good daddy to boot. 

She was blessed with curls. I know the struggle so at least I can guide her in that. 














I've got some nice grays coming in there. Oh well.

Claudia's turtle!





Pappaw Eddie has cool socks!

It was so danged hot. She just ran around in a diaper!

Russ "fell" in the pool! I think he really just wanted to play!



Claudia is good at taking care of Charlie! <3








No comments:

Post a Comment