Total Pageviews

Monday, August 6, 2018

August Going Ons

Well, the book bag and lunchbox have been purchased, we have all our school supplies ready (plus a few extra), tomorrow Luke goes shopping for school clothes with my mom and dad and we have his teacher assignment all ready to go. All that's left is waiting 3 short weeks until he starts school. It seems as though we're ready.

Luke's been staying with my mom and dad for the past week or so since he ended preschool. It's been an adjustment and he told my mom one day that he was super bored. They've been keeping him entertained so I'm not sure why he's bored. We also ended nap times for him which adds a few extra free hours to his day and that's kind of hard to handle, especially when you've got a baby that sleeps for a good portion of the afternoon. That may be part of the boredom. It's going to be a big adjustment for everyone though, so I'm trying to have patience of all sorts.

When Luke starts back to school, I'll start a new schedule working 4 days a week from 7:30 until 2:00. This allows me the opportunity to pick up Luke from school (he wants to ride the bus home, yikes!) so I'll pick him up at the bottom of our hill. Any extra money that I would make working a full day would go to after school care so this basically evens out. I'm also keeping a 4 day a week schedule, because that one day a week is a link to my sanity and a clean house, so yes, while the money is nice some kind of semblance of cleanliness of our home is worth it. Right now I'm working around 3 days a week (some weeks 3.5, but there's been so much going on personally lately, I've been keeping that half day to myself). I do have my 5K coming up in a few weeks so there will be some extra hours there, but I'm enjoying some summer days home with Luke, too.

We've been sending Charlie off to daycare on my days off and doing fun things like swimming and playing with Hot Wheels. There's not a lot of undivided attention for him with a baby sister, so I'm enjoying this before he goes off to school and a new chapter starts.

There's a lot coming up for us in the next few days and weeks so I'm trying to keep my wits about me! We'll see how that all goes. HA!

We went to the new playground at Lake Julian on Saturday. Luke climbed to the top of the spiderweb and we got popcorn and cotton candy!





This swing was made for parents to use with their small children. It was very difficult to get into!

And Charlie hated it anyways.




We also fed the aggressive ducks.










We had a date night!

And I noticed all these gray hairs. What. the. heck? They're taking over. It's also a good shot of my un-make upped, freckly face. Ugh.

Yep. She stuck her cheese on the door.


Swimming today!


I love this. She has to have all of her toys and babies in the bed with her when she sleeps. I even go in after she's asleep and pull stuff out of her crib. 

No comments:

Post a Comment