Total Pageviews

Sunday, October 14, 2018

I Love October!

We had another crazy week in our household. Dillon had a rough week of work, so did I. Plus, we've all had colds and traveling and whew. Today, I caught up on all the errands I didn't do yesterday (because I was at work) and then crashed on the couch for a few hours. My cold has probably been made worse by not getting enough rest.

I've tried doing the Last 90 Day Challenge and I really think I'm giving up. I'll keep getting up early in the morning and drinking lots of water, but I'm struggling with exercising (basically finding time to do it) and, darn it, sometimes I just want a piece of pie. Oh well.

Dillon and I leave for our anniversary trip on Thursday!! Thursday also is our 10 year anniversary so we have some special stuff planned. I've found a brewery in Columbia where we'll stop for lunch and then Thursday evening we're going to a nice dinner at Garibaldi's Restaurant in Savannah. I've already laid out the clothes I want to take and I'm so excited for this! I know that by next Sunday we'll be ready to come home to our family, but I'm going to try and enjoy this rare occasion where Dillon and I get away on our own. We're also taking a haunted pub crawl on Thursday night and seeing a Monet & Matisse exhibit at the art museum there on Saturday. The rest of the time we're planning on meandering through the city the rest of the time and just relaxing.

I'm just trying to stay afloat the rest of the week. Luke reminded us that he's off school tomorrow so he'll be staying with ma and peepaw. Tuesday is Luke's very first school field trip! They're going to see a Pete the Cat play and then onto a park. That is very exciting for all of us! We've also got our Halloween costumes figured out. We literally finished that today. If you'll remember, when it was just Luke, I'd have his costume finished  by the first of September, but now it's only 2 weeks away and I didn't even know what I was putting Charlie in. We had a pumpkin costume, but she didn't like that. We went through ideas like a bumble bee or Raggedy Ann, but we've landed on something that, I think, is a winner! Luke is doing a repeat costume this year and is going to be a hobbit again, which makes it easier. It actually does get easier when they get older because they tell you what they want to do, ha!

Next stop, 10 year anniversary and Savannah! :)

Just about every Saturday we go out to Moe's BBQ here in town where they have cheap wings and chow down. It's become somewhat of a ritual for us! 


Dillon also saw a car show out at the outlet mall while I was working Saturday morning and wanted to go back with all of us. It was the perfect day to be outside.







The kids also learned that they love those little cars that bounce back and forth. Ma and peepaw promised they'd take them back next weekend. HA!






On Thursday night I went with a group of ladies from our group to see Jen Hatmaker speak. Man oh man, there was lots of laughter, some tears, but it was such a GREAT evening. We even got cheesecake at the Cheesecake Factory! YUM!

I love these ladies SO MUCH. They're a load of fun to be with!

I was laughing so hard in this picture that my eyes were watering and I was trying to get my glasses off, ha! 



I've wondered if Luke was coming down with our cold because he fell asleep in the car on Friday and then Dillon said he fell asleep on the couch Friday night. So far he's been good. 


No comments:

Post a Comment